sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Synlait also down 4.3%. Think we can blame Jayne for that as well.
    Has anyone single handled destroyed so much shareholder wealth in such a short time?
    Troughers don't give a second thought for peasants like us, as long as they can live their upmarket lifestyle then all is good and dandy.PS-I reckon her actions are unprecedented in a CEO.
    Last edited by couta1; 24-09-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Has anyone single handled destroyed so much shareholder wealth in such a short time?
    Grudging,y admit she did the right thing selling the whole lot last week when she did - the short term damage was done anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Grudging,y admit she did the right thing selling the whole lot last week when she did - the short term damage was done anyway.
    Her perilous personal financial woes aside. I'm not sure how selling 100% of her shares after being in the job a couple of months could ever be regarded as the right thing.

Advanced Member

What I don't understand is, this was so predictable, what does it say about judgement?
    Did they really think this wouldn't happen, OR if they did, that it didn't matter?

Her perilous personal financial woes aside. I'm not sure how selling 100% of her shares after being in the job a couple of months could ever be regarded as the right thing.
    Rephrase - better she sold the whole lot last week rather than through an extended period. Her selling the shares so early in her CEO term is IMO unforgivable.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Rephrase - better she sold the whole lot last week rather than through an extended period. Her selling the shares so early in her CEO term is IMO unforgivable.
    Agree, and I don't blame her apart from her shortsightedness, I blame the board and Chair for a shonky deal signing her up for a entry bonus that she could shaft shareholders confidence anytime she chose to. Unbloodybelieveable. And the back story of shareholder dilutions filling these Execs pockets with easy money.

Guru

Should be an interesting AGM. A vote of no confidence in the directors and CEO would sure shake things up.

She probably looked at the SP, and like of shares she had and thought "oooh nice payout for only a couple of months work. The high PE probably helped the decision, and the extra shares to come.

Isn't it great when you have a board member whose interests don't align with the shareholders?

On the other hand - if this keeps up they will be almost within my reach!

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    She probably looked at the SP, and like of shares she had and thought "oooh nice payout for only a couple of months work. The high PE probably helped the decision, and the extra shares to come.

Isn't it great when you have a board member whose interests don't align with the shareholders?
    Her interests align exactly with shareholders, just hold long enough to make obscene profits and get out. Only she had to hold for only a couple of months whereas us mugs have to invest years in the game.

Still don't know whether she's read the tea leaves and said to herself, 'hey this puppy is way over priced, I'm going to strip my winnings now rather that wait for god knows how long for it to catch up'.

She smashed around 1/2 billion in capital value today at the expense of shareholders, I hope she's very frightened about her future and I also hope the Board and the Chair are also reflecting in particular on in their ineptitude enabling this to happen.

Disc: not short. But pretty bloody pizzed off about it!