sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Free speech comes with responsibilities. New Zealand is third in the world for cyberbullying which is nothing to be proud of.
    Just this week I heard of two schoolgirls in my community who committed suicide this year because of cyberbullying. In one case the bullies were blocked but they made the effort to set up a false account to continue the bullying which had tragic consequences for the girl.
    It is hard for schools and parents to convince children that cyberbullying is not okay when there are adults who see nothing wrong with making repeated targeted personal insults online. Children copy what they see. Cyberbullies lack empathy. Most kids who cyberbully believe it isn’t a big deal. Because they do not see the pain that they cause, they feel little to no remorse for their actions.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU180...t-in-world.htm
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12139665
    The cost of cyberbulling in New Zealand is costing individuals, communities and support organisations $444 million a year, a new report reveals. But it's friends and families who are bearing the brunt of the cost - $366 million in fact - to support loved ones who have been bullied online.
    What on earth has this got to do with ATM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    What on earth has this got to do with ATM!!!!!
    Not much specifically, but when people see a sea of red and are hurting (and ATM is a prime example), "Free Speech" on a forum like this tends to get personalised and things get posted that IMO are not conducive to having the sort of society that I want to live in. That has happened on this thread and I would rather it didn't.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Soon ATM will decamp to ASX, as Xero, Lion Nathan, Nuplex, Nufarm etc have done.
    You may be right - that route is a well trod path.

Michael Hill too...their stated reason was to access capital. Kiwis with money have made so much by borrowing and leveraging profits by investing in residential land - nowt much left over to provide capital to keep the companies in NZ?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 10-10-2018 at 05:09 PM.

gap fill day today?
    one step ahead of the herd

ScreenHunter_46 Oct. 11 07.36.jpg

thats what they told me , anyway shorts hit a new high yesterday

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=A2M
    one step ahead of the herd

Dow is down 800 points. hang on!

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    gap fill day today?
    Why is that?
    Last edited by Muppett; 11-10-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzsharetrade View Post
    Good time to catch some falling knives??

Quote Originally Posted by nzsharetrade View Post
    We are in for another very ugly day. Now its a matter of picking up some bargains.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I think that looking for evidence of a "well developed social conscience" on a sharetrader forum is a tad overoptimistic.
    I disagree. I think many here apply their moral and ethical compass to greater or lesser extents to their invesments. For example, some posters have expressed opposition against investing in SKC for moral reasons.

From a2 milk’s point of view their could be an argument that tax cuts for the already “wealthy” could actually boost its sales (If A2 milk is more likely to be bought by middle class consumers.)

I happen to believe that a boost to the welfare state is also good for business if it means that welfare is spent on consumer items as opposed to tax cuts ending up being channelled into inflating the price of land (to simplify.) However some fundamentalists may think an over-generous welfare state may engender sloth (one of the seven deadly sins.)
    Last edited by Bjauck; 11-10-2018 at 10:00 AM.