sharetrader

Jayne beefing up her team. Hope it doesn’t get as big as Hansen’s 52 man All Black squad

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...192/293349.pdf

Melanie’s last job was running Roadside Operations at the National Roads & Motorists’ Association — I take it that’s not code for a stop-go chick in a high viz vest.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Lets hope they haven't been issued with an obscene pile of shares for working at ATM that they will sell next week.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Lets hope they haven't been issued with an obscene pile of shares for working at ATM that they will sell next week.
    I'd assume they first need to start before they can collect their shares they then may sell. Phil seems to start in April and with Melanie they don't seem to be too sure (first half of calender 2019)?

Assuming they follow Jane's outstanding conduct than I'd expect the sell off during Q2 2019.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jayne beefing up her team. Hope it doesn’t get as big as Hansen’s 52 man All Black squad

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...192/293349.pdf

Melanie’s last job was running Roadside Operations at the National Roads & Motorists’ Association — I take it that’s not code for a stop-go chick in a high viz vest.
    Theres nothing in Melanie's background that excites me. So she has helped people with a flat battery get back on the road again. I would have thought that ATM was past the "start up" stage so why hire someone with this background?

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Classic. Its the brazenness of Herdlicker that I don't like. Brazenly telling people she will sell shares in the future as and when they vest at a time that suits her. She might as well have said I am here for one person and one person only, MYSELF, I don't care about anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Theres nothing in Melanie's background that excites me. So she has helped people with a flat battery get back on the road again. I would have thought that ATM was past the "start up" stage so why hire someone with this background?
    She might be good at friendly discussions over latte's with Jayne ? Personally i'm a little surprised both these new appointments didn't come from JetStar...jobs for your mates...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Classic. Its the brazenness of Herdlicker that I don't like. Brazenly telling people she will sell shares in the future as and when they vest at a time that suits her. She might as well have said I am here for one person and one person only, MYSELF, I don't care about anyone else.

Herdlickers is in a no-win situation then. Dont tell market in advance and she gets a hard time. Tell market in advance and she is brazen.

I'd sooner she said up front her plans - though appreciate its her own personal business. Doesn't take away the concert though, that if she is running a decent company she would be accumulating, not selling.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Herdlickers is in a no-win situation then. Dont tell market in advance and she gets a hard time. Tell market in advance and she is brazen.

I'd sooner she said up front her plans - though appreciate its her own personal business. Doesn't take away the concert though, that if she is running a decent company she would be accumulating, not selling.
    It just makes me sad. Former CEO Geoffrey Babidge had a very conservative, elderly statesman like manner about him that I really liked. There was none of the nonsense we see with Jayne, he was paid only half as much and built enormous value for ATM shareholders over the years. From what I can see all Jayne appears to have done is come along and started immediately milking the company for all she can get and hired a bunch of executives to help her, (at least one of whom is a former colleague from JetStar) These recent hires is staff to do work Geoff probably did as part of his role so all Jayne is doing is making life as cushy and comfortable as she can and adding what value ?, none from what I can see. If Geoff was still there, I would be too. He's gone and so am I.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-01-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Surrounding herself with people, top heavy, not my cup of tea.

The pace at which ATM has grown is outstanding, I don't think a lot of people truly appreciate how fast this company has moved in the last 5 years let alone the past 24 months. I think Geoffrey was a great leader and would have preferred him to stay on-board but the hiring of additional staff is necessary especially in a business looking to continue expanding so rapidly.

The new Chief Technical Officer brings with him 30 years of dairy experience which is surely valuable to ATM. I think it's too early to pass judgement on Jayne and would prefer to let the future results and numbers speak for themselves.
    Last edited by allfromacell; 08-01-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Guru

Sorry allfromacell but my judgement of Jayne was made the day she was appointed and confirmed the day she sold her shares.