sharetrader

Why people still remain as a ATM investor if they dislike. or even hate, the director so much? There is no point investing at a company that you do not favourite.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    Why people still remain as a ATM investor if they dislike. or even hate, the director so much? There is no point investing at a company that you do not favourite.
    I agree and with that in mind I am determining whether to stay invested in A2 while our CEO is flicking off all her shares and who remains 0 invested until her next allocation. The company is great, but she still needs to prove herself as the CEO

Banned

This company will succeed despite Herd Licker, it's that good a company, I have no idea how anyone will be able to tell what she has done to make it any better or would a monkey achieve the same result?

The two things are mutually exclusive. Its stil early days for Herdlicker - she has some time to prove she adds value to ATM. It remains to be seen how she will do this when she is swanning off to the tennis or maintaining the shabby state of her personal finances and deck

Banned

HaHa mm, great minds think alike, both posted at 1:09 basically saying the same thing.

Outside thinking.

Ha ha, you can tell it is a quiet news day. Auckland anniversary day. Australian day. No news. So let's attack the ATM CEO. Golly what a nerve she has to take time off and watch the Australian Tennis open - even sitting beside the Australian Prime Minister (not sure which one, 'cos they keep changing.)

Makes you wonder why people invest in ATM. Perhaps if we look beyond the CEO and personalities, we will see some reasons.

The following table shows what an investment in ATM means for a long term investor who first invested when the ATM SP was 50c

$0.50c to $9.00 = 1800% return
    $0.50c to $10.00 = 2,000% return
    $0.50c to $11.00 = 2,200% return
    $0.50c to $12.00 = 2,400% return
    $0.50c to $13.00 = 2,600% return

At around $9.00 I recall many investors saying that ATM was no longer a great investment because 'ATM had achieved its main growth stage, and from hence forth growth would be less,' however, since the $9.00 level the long term investor has made another 600%.

Sure I know not everyone is a long term investor, and my arithmetic isn't always the best, but you get the idea, and just maybe this answers some of the posters above worrying about their investment and the CEO. This example also talks to the benefits of thinking long term, not short term with a growth share such as ATM.

(Disc - LT holder, and not great at maths so DYOR)

Banned

ATM is a share for everyone Long Termers/Traders and Shorters regardless of the CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Ha ha, you can tell it is a quiet news day. Auckland anniversary day. Australian day. No news. So let's attack the ATM CEO. Golly what a nerve she has to take time off and watch the Australian Tennis open - even sitting beside the Australian Prime Minister (not sure which one, 'cos they keep changing.)
    I pointed out in my post that she was making a speech. Not everyone on holiday gets to do that. So I presume she was undertaking duties in her primary job and will return to ATM duties when time permits.

We invest in ATM on the expectation that the Board and CEO are fully focused on growing our company. Every now and then they need a tickle up to remind them of our expectations.

And I take your point on this being a longer term thing. CEO's like Jane dont hang on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I pointed out in my post that she was making a speech. Not everyone on holiday gets to do that. So I presume she was undertaking duties in her primary job and will return to ATM duties when time permits.
    My employer has never stopped me from talking on my holidays either. I fail to see what the problem is here?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    My employer has never stopped me from talking on my holidays either. I fail to see what the problem is here?
    Are you earning what hrdlicka is earning or are you comparing apples to peaches