sharetrader
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by okay View Post
    Hi everyone just came across this one so thought I would share it. Another write up by Keith Woodford.

'New findings published by Nature Research, demonstrating how A1 milk predisposes for asthma and lung inflammation, should bring the A1 milk issue back into focus for both consumers and farmers.'

'... the paper published by Nature Research investigates whether prolonged use of A1 milk predisposes for asthma and other lung conditions through breathing-passage constriction and pro-inflammatory effects. The short answer is that it does, and the evidence is powerful with high statistical significance.'

Rest of the article here:

https://www.interest.co.nz/rural-new...lk-predisposes
    Thanks for sharing.....

I like that the second para mentions me....
    "Until May 15 of this year, there had been a lack of new scientific evidence about A1 milk ... However, new evidence has now come forward from India, somewhat out of left field."

Seriously tho' the link between A1 milk and asthma is compelling.... and possibly an underlying reason for the high incidence of asthma in NZ???

Got to be good for A2 Milk.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 03-06-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by okay View Post
    Hi everyone just came across this one so thought I would share it. Another write up by Keith Woodford.

'New findings published by Nature Research, demonstrating how A1 milk predisposes for asthma and lung inflammation, should bring the A1 milk issue back into focus for both consumers and farmers.'

'... the paper published by Nature Research investigates whether prolonged use of A1 milk predisposes for asthma and other lung conditions through breathing-passage constriction and pro-inflammatory effects. The short answer is that it does, and the evidence is powerful with high statistical significance.'

Rest of the article here:

https://www.interest.co.nz/rural-new...lk-predisposes

Thanks for the link, I particularly like Keith's response to one of the readers question as per below...

by Becnz | 3rd Jun 20, 7:55pm

Fonterra could have purchased A2M for peanuts back in the day now they have to partner with them funny how things turnout.

by keithwoodford | 3rd Jun 20, 9:10pm

Becnz,
    I do recall a discussion with a Fonterra director who once said to me, with an element of condecension, that Fonterra could buy out A2 Milk for $50 million if it wished to do so at any time. That was in about 2009 or 2010. The market value now is close to 300 times that figure. And a buyout would need to be pitched at around $20 billion or maybe more. Fonterra could still make a lot of money from A2 products but only if they developed their own international brands. Instead they have chosen to be an ingredient supplier to 'The a2 Millk Company'. That arrangement was a great deal for The a2 Millk Company as it took their key potential competitor out of the market. Given Fonterra 's current mindset, having been bruised so badly in recent years, they could as an alternative have also made significant money if they were to sell A2 products themselves on the ingredient market to allcomers. But it seemeed simpler to tie themselves to The a2 Milk Company.
    KeithW

That figure quoted by Keith of $20bln or may be more to buy out ATM is about $30 per share...nuff said!!!
    Last edited by sb9; 04-06-2020 at 06:51 AM.

Nice little piece of news. Not surprising, but it's always good to have it pointed out to people!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...avirus-fallout

Investor

Should know by end of this week whether A2M will be joining ASX 50 index.

Investor

ASX holiday today for Queen B'day weekend over in AUS, so we're on our own here with no leads from ASX to follow...enjoy the good times!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Should know by end of this week whether A2M will be joining ASX 50 index.
    If that's the case, I better wait to sell some shares at a price higher than its 52 wk high then Yeah, the Market is going crazy on some shares.

If buying stock, can anyone make recommendation whether it would be preferable to buy on the NZX or ASX? And for what reasons? Cheers

Dont take it from me but;
    1) Trading go on the ASX (more volume)
    2) Interested in impacts of currency pick according to that.
    3) Investing for the long term wont matter which.

I may be wrong in my summation

Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    Dont take it from me but;
    1) Trading go on the ASX (more volume)
    2) Interested in impacts of currency pick according to that.
    3) Investing for the long term wont matter which.

I may be wrong in my summation
    Provided you factor in currency conversion rates and bigger brokerage trading on ASX from NZX.

Liquidity wise sometimes ASX better to trade on when dealing with dual listed stocks, but liquidity on NZX for big companies like ATM hasn't been an issue thus far. Overall though, trading over 6 figures worth, ASX in most cases better for liquidity purposes

Thank you both for your input - I'm mainly curious regarding any potential currency gain/loss on the ASX, considering that's not really an area I know too much about