sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    I think it's very likely. Demand is still unbelievably high and IF is sold out everywhere in ANZ. The american market is tracking well but the short term performance is all about China where sales are booming, this is shaping up to be a record singles day event too. The fundamentals are more compelling now then ever, the new CEO selling out does throw a spanner in the works but I feel she will make up for it with a surprising trading update at the AGM.

I was hoping to get some more at $9AUD awhile back but just missed out... Should have just caught the bloody knife. Now is a good time to top up imo and have done so today.
    It is a case of if you are a believer or not about A2. I am still holding on and tempting to buy more. But probably will wait for the dust to settle a bit more.

I have caught the falling knife many times some worked out ok other times got cut deep. The one knife which got me real deep was XRO. Who could have thought!

I was one who thought the outbursts over Jayne selling her shares was overdone

But Mike Hosking says it’s a strange move and not a good look. If Mike says so it must be and I’ve changed my mind
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I was one who thought the outbursts over Jayne selling her shares was overdone

But Mike Hosking says it’s a strange move and not a good look. If Mike says so it must be and I’ve changed my mind
    Really winner, you need Hosking to change your mind, her tax bill is not due until July 2019 which further highlights her status of a Trougher by selling ALL her shares now, she clearly is inept at handling her personal finances, the question is can we trust her at the helm of an 8 billion dollar company?
    Last edited by couta1; 25-09-2018 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Synlait also down 4.3%. Think we can blame Jayne for that as well.
    Has anyone single handled destroyed so much shareholder wealth in such a short time?
    Yes, I am an avid and strict A2 supporter, however I sold out of A2 (only because I saw greater short term opportunity in a fairly stagnant news cycle for A2) on August 27 (yes, I missed a big jump and that was my personal failure but bought in at $10.55 so it wasn't too bad).

Like you, I also identified the SML fall and attributed it to "market spill over", the market perhaps considering (right or wrong, as is the debate here) that the seller in discussion sold for purposes other than specified on her filing and in so sensing potential weakness in the sector. I bought into SML yesterday, to capture the market when it realises the move was likely unrelated to the SML business.

I would expect stocks to continue to sell off today, though not to the degree they did yesterday. It was a down index in EU and US yesterday, and the remainder of the NZX and ASX have little to discuss in broad terms of the caliber of the actions of the seller in discussion.

some one suggested i was scraping the bottom of the barrel when i suggested the high court ruling in regard to re opening the chinese steel could be a negative factor for a2

suggest you have a read as other people consider it a threat as well

When allegations arose two years ago of subsidised Chinese steel entering New Zealand, suggestions were made in China that any imposition of penalty duties on the imports could threaten the flow of New Zealand dairy products to the Chinese market," chief executive Bruce Kohn said.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/107334763/reopening-of-steel-inquiry-risks-chinese-tension

it is a potential negative worth keeping in the back of your mind
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Really winner, you need Hosking to change your mind, her tax bill is not due until July 2019 which further highlights her status of a Trougher by selling ALL her shares now, she clearly is inept at handling her personal finances, the question is can we trust her at the helm of an 8 billion dollar company?
    Who's the dog gnawing on bones now lol...you'll have to change your user handle name to some type of dog if you keep this up P.S. The cutest dog name is already taken but Terrier is pretty cute.

Thanks Bull but my glasses and eyes are working just fine, you don't need the super duper shouty sized font. We all know you're short but its getting more than a little repetitive.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    some one suggested i was scraping the bottom of the barrel when i suggested the high court ruling in regard to re opening the chinese steel could be a negative factor for a2

suggest you have a read as other people consider it a threat as well

When allegations arose two years ago of subsidised Chinese steel entering New Zealand, suggestions were made in China that any imposition of penalty duties on the imports could threaten the flow of New Zealand dairy products to the Chinese market," chief executive Bruce Kohn said.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/107334763/reopening-of-steel-inquiry-risks-chinese-tension

it is a potential negative worth keeping in the back of your mind

Hard to feel sorry for the Chinese re: Trump's tariffs etc. They're quite happy to flex their own economic muscle when it suits them, in order to screw a better deal.

good heavens, the CEO selling her sign-on share allocation is a hiccup, nothing more. The big elephant is the forthcoming change in Chinese Regs targetting Daigou and E-commerce selling channels. Is a risk to ATM given such a large % of IF sales are thru Aust based Daigou. Ref last week Craigs update on ATM where they downgraded from a buy to hold. Over reliance on the grey channel has always always worried the smart money about China IF trade.

Advanced Member

This makes me angry every time I look at it "A2 Milk declined to comment on the executive share sales."

Quote Originally Posted by nizzy View Post
    good heavens, the CEO selling her sign-on share allocation is a hiccup, nothing more. The big elephant is the forthcoming change in Chinese Regs targetting Daigou and E-commerce selling channels. Is a risk to ATM given such a large % of IF sales are thru Aust based Daigou. Ref last week Craigs update on ATM where they downgraded from a buy to hold. Over reliance on the grey channel has always always worried the smart money about China IF trade.
    correct huge regulatory risk until its finalised , hence why they didnt give any guidance and i dont expect any at the agm either. probably disappoint a few leading to a bad day as well.
    one step ahead of the herd