sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Muppett View Post
    What exactly is a hybrid AGM?
    Can shareholders attend?
    The AGM is set for 20 Novemeber in Melbourne, time and venue still to be confirmed.
    TJ probably factored in her share sell off with the notice to announce the AGM.
    According to the Market Announcement the other day

"
    The 2018 Meeting will be a hybrid meeting. A hybrid meeting means
    that in addition to holding a physical meeting of shareholders, a meeting
    will also be held virtually. ATM wishes to hold the physical aspect of the
    2018 Meeting in Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What’s wrong with doing that. It’s her pay and nothing to do with anybody else.

probably asked for her pay in cash but no the Board said you need to take shares/rights

Nothing to do with commitment / affinity to the company

Maybe it’s the size of remuneration packages at A2 that are the real issue?
    Nothing to do with commitment or affinity to the company
    Couple of things mate. Yes I very much preferred Geoff Babbage's remuneration package. Secondly I prefer to invest in companies where the board and senior management show a commitment to the company by holding shares not because they have some legal or moral obligation to do so, but because they believe in the companies long term prospects and believe in their own work such that they think its in their best interests to be a long term holder.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What’s wrong with doing that. Tell that to the South heading SP.
    It’s her pay and nothing to do with anybody else.
    probably asked for her pay in cash but no the Board said you need to take shares/rights
    Nothing to do with commitment / affinity to the company
    Maybe it’s the size of remuneration packages at A2 that are the real issue? No, its a pay "peanuts, get monkeys" remuneration package.
    Nothing to do with commitment or affinity to the company
    Really............
    Last edited by Muppett; 25-09-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    NBR article referred to a very consistent pattern of behavior. She clearly feels that the issue of shares is part of her remuneration package and she has no qualms whatsoever about cashing shares in whenever it suits her and as mentioned that's always been very shortly after the shares vest. I think its clear she feels no natural affinity whatsoever with the shareholders she represents. Some would call her a cold and calculating.... JetStar is a really crappy brand as far as I am concerned. Have I mentioned before how much I miss Goeff Babbage already ?
    I wish the NBR had told "us" about that when she was appointed.
    Maybe I'm not smart enough to suss this out myself, but a more enlightened, seasoned investor would have prior knowledge into her behavioural patterns.
    How many troughs and makeup does she need?
    And guess what folks, here is the biggy....... when she leaves in 2 years, her new/next company will pay for her rights/performances options that she could have picked up from A2. The next bunch of shareholders are already been F*#@*% over!
    Last edited by Muppett; 25-09-2018 at 02:03 PM.

I haven’t looked at Sharetrader for a few days so I was surprised to see 12 pages of new comments, many revealing an unconscious bias. The bias is that women are judged more harshly than men when they make a mistake in the business world. With women the mistake is often used as evidence that women are incompetent, whereas with men the same mistake is brushed off or ignored.
    Double standards for men and women apply in the business world as well as for sexual behaviour. Unconscious bias is pervasive and often subtle. Rarely is it recognised as being sexist.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...ender-wage-gap
    “Women surgeons are punished more than men for the exact same mistakes, study finds
    Sarsons got Medicare data on referrals by doctors to surgeons, and then looked at what happened to doctors’ referral rates after one of their patients died during a surgery. Would the doctor continue sending patients to that surgeon?
    It turns out the surgeon’s gender — more than his or her performance — massively swayed that decision. The referring doctors judged female surgeons who had bad patient outcomes much more harshly than male surgeons, and that judgment determined whether they’d send their patients to the surgeon later.”

Advanced Member

Today could be the start of a new 72hr. uptrend. Today's high is 4c higher than yesterdays. and today low is 1c higher than yesterday. That's a good sign if it holds at close
    Last edited by see weed; 25-09-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    I haven’t looked at Sharetrader for a few days so I was surprised to see 12 pages of new comments, many revealing an unconscious bias. The bias is that women are judged more harshly than men when they make a mistake in the business world. With women the mistake is often used as evidence that women are incompetent, whereas with men the same mistake is brushed off or ignored.
    Double standards for men and women apply in the business world as well as for sexual behaviour. Unconscious bias is pervasive and often subtle. Rarely is it recognised as being sexist.
    Can you think of any men who have recently single handed wiped out over $500m in shareholder wealth so trivially and quickly. I cant. Even the old fullahs at CBL required a group effort.

Has she admitted she made a mistake?

I don't think she sees it as a mistake.
    She did it in a deliberate and calculating manner.
    No mistake anywhere to be found by her way of thinking.
    Last edited by Muppett; 25-09-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Banned

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...ender-wage-gap
    “Women surgeons are punished more than men for the exact same mistakes, study finds
    Sarsons got Medicare data on referrals by doctors to surgeons, and then looked at what happened to doctors’ referral rates after one of their patients died during a surgery. Would the doctor continue sending patients to that surgeon?
    It turns out the surgeon’s gender — more than his or her performance — massively swayed that decision. The referring doctors judged female surgeons who had bad patient outcomes much more harshly than male surgeons, and that judgment determined whether they’d send their patients to the surgeon later.”
    I don't give a toss whether a male/female or any mix of the two act in this manner, I'll still feel like I've just swallowed a mouthful of petrol.PS-Ive worked in a female dominated industry for near 30 yrs and I haven't seen any evidence of the above that is significant, in fact the most unforgiving attitude toward mistakes I've made has been from female family members.
    Last edited by couta1; 25-09-2018 at 02:41 PM.

STMOD:

Never Copy & Paste entire articles!

You can quote an extract and always provide a link to the original article
    Last edited by STMOD; 25-09-2018 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Yet another Copy & Paste Merchant