sharetrader

[QUOTE=Left field;835088]New CEO announcement here. Frankly I'm disappointed it wasn't an internal promotion.

I am also disappointed, we know the next CEO David Bortolussi has no longer enough loyalty towards his present employer.
    What makes the board think that David B will give his full commitment and loyalty to ATM.
    The board is admitting a lack of succession planning, the company and shareholders are paying for this.

Advanced Member

I think people are taking the CEO thing a little extreme. Sure they need someone who is competent, but under Hrdlicka ATM still ran well. Explain if you can that a good CEO matters for ATM??

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I think people are taking the CEO thing a little extreme. Sure they need someone who is competent, but under Hrdlicka ATM still ran well. Explain if you can that a good CEO matters for ATM??

Top leaders are determining the long term future of their organisation. Hrdlicka was ways too short in the job to allow an assessment what she did for ATM (unless of course sucking tens of millions of shareholder funds - salary and shareoptions - out of the company).

For an average CEO it will take something like 5 years to assess the impact of his/her actions. You recognise a great CEO in the companies long term success. Unfortunately - most leave the job after five years, e.g. they seldom harvest what they sowed.

A good CEO for ATM will ensure that they are still a sound and growing company in 5 or 10 years from now.

A bad CEO won't care ... and probably leave in another 12 months with gold lined pockets as the above mentioned starlet ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Top leaders are determining the long term future of their organisation. Hrdlicka was ways too short in the job to allow an assessment what she did for ATM (unless of course sucking tens of millions of shareholder funds - salary and shareoptions - out of the company).

For an average CEO it will take something like 5 years to assess the impact of his/her actions. You recognise a great CEO in the companies long term success. Unfortunately - most leave the job after five years, e.g. they seldom harvest what they sowed.

A good CEO for ATM will ensure that they are still a sound and growing company in 5 or 10 years from now.

A bad CEO won't care ... and probably leave in another 12 months with gold lined pockets as the above mentioned starlet ...
    Correct. That is a better way of explaining what I mean. In the short term we have no clue how positive or negative someone is to a company. We all knew the Dutch guy who was in charge of Fonterra, yet what positive value did he bring?? Maybe give a CEO lower pay and put a massive incentive package if they get targets after 5 years. Of course this will never happen as it makes too much sense and not enough incentive for 50% of CEOs who get fired from their positions

(USA statistics)

https://www.kornferry.com/insights/a...ured-ceos-gone

Outside thinking.

Our new CEO David Bortolussi has posted this message to the staff via Linked In.

Well done I thought, particularly liked the sub titles.

Must say I'm a lot happier about his selection now and as other posters have noted, we simply need to trust the selection process and give him time.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 11-08-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Our new CEO David Bortolussi has posted this message to the staff via Linked In.

Well done I thought, particularly liked the sub titles.

Must say I'm a lot happier about his selection now and as other posters have noted, we simply need to trust the selection process and give him time.
    Yep David presented well - if a bit stilted - and had a positive message for the A2 team. He seems to have the pedigree to take the company forward. On the face of it he appears to be a good choice and seems genuinely enthused about the opportunity.

Time will tell of course - but nobody could possibly cause such negativity as Jayne did so soon after she started....could they?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12355335
    Looks to have a much better track record to take the company forward than Herdlicker.
    Geoff Babidge staying on at a board level or retiring ?

I called Herdlicker as a bad hire very early on and I'm calling it now, this guy looks like a good hire.
    Disc: No direct shareholding but a substantial holder of Kingfish warrants (KFLWF, potentially exercisable March 2021), and ATM is one of Kingfish's biggest positions.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-08-2020 at 05:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The single best thing for this company right now, is a raft of large scale peer-reviewed studies showing that the A2 protein has a positive effect on general health, let alone on those with symptoms directly cause by the A1 protein. Yes, I know.... Flame away! I have my fire-proof suit on already.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    The single best thing for this company right now, is a raft of large scale peer-reviewed studies showing that the A2 protein has a positive effect on general health, let alone on those with symptoms directly cause by the A1 protein. Yes, I know.... Flame away! I have my fire-proof suit on already.
    Why would people flame that, it’s the truth, mothers milk is A2, whereas A1 is indigestible.

Pondering a few lurking questions I have about this product, and would appreciate the more passionate followers thoughts.
    I come from a farming background in NZ so have a traditionalist price sensitive view of the A1/A2 comparison. I have lived and worked in China for a few years now and all things NZ I see interest me.
    I live in a small back water city in China and strangely recently in my elevator A2 formula advertising appeared.
    Most Chinese mothers I bring up the subject of A2 milk with know the product and perceive the product to be the best option and are seeking affirmation of that, I generally respond it’s marketing hype.

1) One of the office girls said she pays around 300 RMB per 900 gram can (66NZD) what is the cheapest price a consumer can get in NZ?

2) I believe the company has Chinese ownership, who are these companies/people and what involvement do they have in the company operation?

3) What percentage of company is Chinese owned?

4) The distribution of product in China appears to be mainly through non mainstream channels (Friends posting from overseas or buying online from overseas and shipping. Why is this still the case now after several years, is it because the Chinese “Importer” has too high a margin?

5) There appears to be supply constraint problems sourcing the product at reasonable rate in China according to most people I question. What is stopping someone shipping a container load of this to China?

6) Does A2 own the distribution company in China or is this a third party?

7) The significant Cash A2 has earned from this business appears to be sitting idle and piling up like Pablo in the 80’s what is the plan with the cash?

8) Is there a cross over with the Chinese businesses/ people involved with A2 & Synlait?

Cheers