sharetrader
Page 869 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 36976981985986586686786886987087187287387991996913691869 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,690 of 23755
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A well intentioned broker .....they don't exist

Hope he told that broker what for in no uncertain terms

Even changing won't make a difference because they are all the same
    Double ticket clippers with tainted motives.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Snoopy, you're never going to be able to put a value on ATM looking backwards. Take Xero for example which has never had earnings. Its all about the growth.
    Most of the professional analysts have a target price around $14 and are forecasting solid growth in EPS over the years ahead. Yes this company has very strong EPS growth unlike a lot of other growth companies that just grow sales and losses.
    'Growth' is not synonymous with any 'share price you like' and turning off all quantitative measuring tools. The purpose of looking at business history is to look at experience and there is not sufficient ATM experience in the Chinese market there yet for me to assume the ATM expansion will follow a hyperbolic growth curve.

Also, there is no need to lower the tone of this thread by resorting to four letter words Beagle. ATM is definitely worth analyzing, if not investing in at this point (in my view). That other one OTOH....

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

im hoping for a retest of around 10.50
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A well intentioned broker .....they don't exist

Hope he told that broker what for in no uncertain terms

Even changing won't make a difference because they are all the same
    Its not that bad - and it depends.

Assume somebody bought some years ago for $10,000.00 20,000 ATM shares for 50 cents each - and this was 10% of their portfolio.

This single holding would be by now more $220,000 - and (depending on how the other shares did, but assume NZX average growth) around 65% of their portfolio.

I think in this case the broker recommendation to reduce would make a lot of sense.

Obviously - some people here think different about the merits of diversification, but I would consider the brokers advise in this context only as sensible portfolio management.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    'Growth' is not synonymous with any 'share price you like' and turning off all quantitative measuring tools. The purpose of looking at business history is to look at experience and there is not sufficient ATM experience in the Chinese market there yet for me to assume the ATM expansion will follow a hyperbolic growth curve.

Also, there is no need to lower the tone of this thread by resorting to four letter words Beagle. ATM is definitely worth analyzing, if not investing in at this point (in my view). That other one OTOH....

SNOOPY
    LOL we definitely agree on the hype with that one. I posted some Goldman Sachs research last week. Perhaps you might like to have a good look at that. They don't need hyperbolic growth to justify the current SP. Forecast EPS for FY19 which we'll be starting in a few weeks is ~ 40 cps so the shares are on a forward PE of about 28. Check out the PE's of other top ten NZX stocks like AIA, FPH and POT to name just 3 to see their projected PE. 28 is very reasonable in my view considering their long term prospects including product diversification, (A2 yogurt, cheese, butter e.t.c.)
    I agree its not a grannies or orphan's stock and its unlikely to repeat last year's feat of tripling in price in the near future but I'm satisfied its a solid long term hold with great growth prospects and time is one's friend with this stock. All stocks carry risk.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-05-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    im hoping for a retest of around 10.50
    we can do it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    we can do it
    The machines versus the weak hands, machines always going to win against the gullible Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The machines versus the weak hands, machines always going to win against the gullible Lol.
    yes it is very frustrating getting front run by the machines all the time

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I dont understand the machines - where are they able to pick off the small trades from?

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I dont understand the machines - where are they able to pick off the small trades from?
    the machines are faster