sharetrader
Page 894 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 39479484488489089189289389489589689789890494499413941894 ... LastLast
Results 8,931 to 8,940 of 23754

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Nice deflection on Friday at the MA100 - and down we go again. Who knows, maybe it is still trying to fill this gap 930 to 950?

Fascinating games ..
    Maybe a last chance to shake the tree for low hanging fruit before the Index inclusion when getting shares may be a bit harder.

Need you head looked at if you sell right now in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    About 3m shares traded today so far. Also cant figure why your would sell. So how are people encouraged to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    About 3m shares traded today so far. Also cant figure why your would sell. So how are people encouraged to sell?

Is that a rhetorical question or are you asking how will brokers find the tens of millions of shares needed for the MSCI rebalance ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Is that a rhetorical question or are you asking how will brokers find the tens of millions of shares needed for the MSCI rebalance ?
    More a musing than a rhetorical. There are sti all those little trades (bots) but it takes a seller to complete. Given market is down today there must be a compelling story to encourage people to sell today. With a more compelling story on 31 May I cant see why you would sell today.

As for finding shares for the 31"st I am assuming someone/s is accumulating now, and driving price down, to have a trove ready to shift on the 31st

Does anyone know how shares bought for the msci will be distributed when there is a dual listing. Is is somehow split between nz and australia. The volumes through the asx seem to be a lot higher than nz so price mainly driven by asx. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    Does anyone know how shares bought for the msci will be distributed when there is a dual listing. Is is somehow split between nz and australia. The volumes through the asx seem to be a lot higher than nz so price mainly driven by asx. Just curious.
    It is the same shares - no Kiwi or Ossie tags on them, and they can be freely sold to wherever they find a better home. Funds will buy wherever they get a better price.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I'm square, cos i got this wrong so many times lately. I'm tempted to buy, but what if.. (I have learnt that crazy what-ifs can be very profitable or money-saving over the years...)

so what if, the hedge fund have bought all the ATM shares that the asset managers need for MSCI rebalance. and so there is a series of large off-market trades at the end of the month, which don't move the price at all. or, perish the thought, slightly lower on the day, because the asset managers realise what is going on. Meanwhile all the retail punters and others who are long at $13.00+ but hanging on for the "index bounce", are going.. what happened? as it drops away to $10.40.. on June 2nd. and maybe, just maybe, it will be past the 20% stop-loss level that people may have.. and then maybe, some slightly negative news comes out.. (more competition? unhelpful regulation? who knows..)

just make me think there is a risk of more downside than upside over the next few weeks. So will keep my singed powder dry for a bit longer...

Quote Originally Posted by gbogo View Post
    I.. what happened? as it drops away to $10.40.. on June 2nd. and maybe, just maybe, it will be past the 20% stop-loss level that people may have.. .
    I'm picking an increase in price on 31 May and on Monday we will see price fall back as profit takers enter. But not 20%

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gbogo View Post
    I'm square, cos i got this wrong so many times lately. I'm tempted to buy, but what if.. (I have learnt that crazy what-ifs can be very profitable or money-saving over the years...)

so what if, the hedge fund have bought all the ATM shares that the asset managers need for MSCI rebalance. and so there is a series of large off-market trades at the end of the month, which don't move the price at all. or, perish the thought, slightly lower on the day, because the asset managers realise what is going on. Meanwhile all the retail punters and others who are long at $13.00+ but hanging on for the "index bounce", are going.. what happened? as it drops away to $10.40.. on June 2nd. and maybe, just maybe, it will be past the 20% stop-loss level that people may have.. and then maybe, some slightly negative news comes out.. (more competition? unhelpful regulation? who knows..)

just make me think there is a risk of more downside than upside over the next few weeks. So will keep my singed powder dry for a bit longer...
    Yes quite unpredictable methinks, strange behaviour currently going on with SPK and RYM whose prices should be dropping leading up to Thurs as they will be sold down to allow A2 to take it's rightful size piece of pie, why would you pay top dollar now if you can get a bargin in a few days.As always plenty of games being played behind the scenes and you don't want to be the one put into checkmate.