sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Jayne re-elected unopposed Tennis Australia Chair till 2022
    https://www.tennis.com.au/news/2019/...ustralia-chair

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Jayne re-elected unopposed Tennis Australia Chair till 2022
    https://www.tennis.com.au/news/2019/...ustralia-chair
    The Board chopped her off because of this I guess. She won't be able to commit 100% of herself for the company and she is not entitle to accept another roles with her agreement and huge pay with the company.
    Very greedy from her and the Board of A2 did not accept that. Off You Go... and I am happy about it ..hahahah
    Last edited by tomm; 09-12-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Banned

I think once the full reality sets in as to just how much she has pulled the wool over the eyes and ripped off shareholders, myriads of pitchforks will be located in sheds all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I think once the full reality sets in as to just how much she has pulled the wool over the eyes and ripped off shareholders, myriads of pitchforks will be located in sheds all over the place.
    Exactly. Do hope Silu has read this post and all the previous ones today. Good luck tennis Australia is all I can say.

Shareholders association lashes out and is clearly deeply unimpressed.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...hief-executive
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Exactly. Do hope Silu has read this post and all the previous ones today. Good luck tennis Australia is all I can say.
    My issue was with this line "but thats a cost of diversity for you." You either implied that the Board was looking for a woman only or that a woman in the job somehow costs more. But lets get back to business because this is what this forum is about.

Hearn insisted the board was right behind Hrdlicka’s strategy to ramp up marketing spending to help build the brand on the ground in China

But where Hrdlicka has been prepared to sacrifice margin to get there, it appears that the board feels less sure about that part of the plan.

https://www.afr.com/chanticleer/behi...0191209-p53i2b

the bull was right .. the board got cold feet and has lost the plot
    one step ahead of the herd

now we know the board position it all makes sense why shorts have been increasing big time ... they lost the plot and are doomed long term to the likes of nestle , mengui
    one step ahead of the herd

Shareholders Association chief executive Michael Midgley said it deplored A2's handling of the hiring and stepping down of Hrdlicka.
    She knew A2 was a "worldwide company" when she took on the job, he said.
    "It should not have come as a surprise that there was going to be a lot of travelling.
    "The A2 board must be held to account. If there are any outstanding payments, other than base salary to the resignation date, then the board must use every legal avenue to deny them to Hrdlicka," he said.
    "We would expect the A2 board to have had a catch-all 'board discretion' clause in the contract that will allow this. If not, this in itself is a glaring omission."
    It was disappointing there were confidentiality provisions in relation to her departure, he said.
    "'Confidentiality' is a very convenient excuse in these situations and may obscure other problems that shareholders have a right to know. As it stands shareholders will have every right to wonder if their money is disappearing into a confidential black hole."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...hief-executive

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    "Milked" is exactly the right adjective. She has pulled shareholders teats so hard they're red raw. No worries, Geoffrey will give shareholders much kinder treatment at the milkshed.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-12-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine