sharetrader
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    New CEO - sure. However, don't forget - the boards track record in picking new AND good CEO's is not impeccable ... just remember the sad Jane saga.
    Nnnnoooo would rather forget!

Outside thinking.

ATM flexing muscles with litigation on A2 copyright in three linked but seperate cases. Link Here.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 13-07-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Outside thinking.

More info on Mataura Milk see here. Desperate for a capital injection. Interesting to see how this plays out.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    More info on Mataura Milk see here. Desperate for a capital injection. Interesting to see how this plays out.
    Interesting how few things are at play currently. This one or any other strategic investment decision, new CEO announcement and FY 20 results and outlook. Oh man, the plot thickens...

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I love this company but going in this direction is highly questionable. Im all for vertical integration to push margins to the next level but not sure that mataura is the right fit.

Didn’t a2 milk increase their ownership of synlait not long ago

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    I love this company but going in this direction is highly questionable. Im all for vertical integration to push margins to the next level but not sure that mataura is the right fit.

Didn’t a2 milk increase their ownership of synlait not long ago
    I too have concerns. ATM's 'capital light' stance has been a great success and has placed them in an enviable debt free/cash rich position. I would hate to see that position squandered.

That said, the current management team are very astute and I've got a lot of faith in them.

Also Mataura is not done and dusted....... so let's and see what comes to pass.

And yes, A2 did increase their ownership of Synlait, however I suspect the prospect of ATM spreading their risks and not having all their eggs in one basket (so to speak) is very sensible (if they can manage it.)

I bet ATM are looking hard at some USA acquisitions too. Then again, they may well steer clear of acquisitions and stick to the strategic stake route that has worked so well for them so far.

Forgive my ramblings, but it's fascinating to observe.

Methane rising at rates in line with 3C heating by 2100
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/...eating-by-2100
    Rice paddies, cows’ and sheeps’ guts and landfills all produce methane by creating an oxygen-free environment where methane-making microbes thrive.
    Natural sources are also a large contributor, making an estimated 40 per cent of the output, compared with 60 per cent from people’s activities.
    Natural methane emissions are dominated by wetlands, with much smaller contributions from other sources, such as wild animals.
    Even wild termites are a non-trivial source of the greenhouse gas, the study shows. Like cows, termites produce methane when they digest plants.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Methane rising at rates in line with 3C heating by 2100
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/...eating-by-2100
    Rice paddies, cows’ and sheeps’ guts and landfills all produce methane by creating an oxygen-free environment where methane-making microbes thrive.
    Natural sources are also a large contributor, making an estimated 40 per cent of the output, compared with 60 per cent from people’s activities.
    Natural methane emissions are dominated by wetlands, with much smaller contributions from other sources, such as wild animals.
    Even wild termites are a non-trivial source of the greenhouse gas, the study shows. Like cows, termites produce methane when they digest plants.

Great tomm. I notice you like to post news articles. How about articulating how you think this will impact a2m in the short or even medium term in any tangible way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Great tomm. I notice you like to post news articles. How about articulating how you think this will impact a2m in the short or even medium term in any tangible way.
    Everyone has their own thinking and theory regarding to info's, news... which might lead them to their own decision on a stock. There for ,due to endless debate I won't put my own thinking on but just posting the article for people to gain or adjust their though on what is actually going on.

Can someone tell me why A2 SP crashes at 12pm on most days? Cheers