sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Back to the sp behavior of the past?

Up in NZ before ASX opens, then gets sold down especially just before ASX closes.

Hmmmmmm
    With no news big players are playing. Unrelated but APT got hammered UBS downgrades them massively I guess it’s the game they all play but there is no real news until AGM Nov.

so hold tight and and see what happens.

I've been holding tight for 7 weeks after taking the plunge at just over $15... what's another month?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    As much as I'd hate a takeover offer at $20/share, watching UBS getting completely skunked along with a total shorts incineration would almost be worth it.
    UBS... I mean, what can you do? I hate their guts for ravaging the SP but I can't do anything to stop them. I'm sure as hell not giving up my position and incurring an eye watering loss at these prices.

So far as Citicorp's Investment Conference ... what a pity. Would've been nice if they could've thrown a few crumbs. But, no news is (hopefully) good news. One would hope they're getting ready to knock it out of the ball park at the AGM. In any event, they might have to reconsider their tight-lipped strategy unless they're okay with one of their main shareholders butchering the SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I've been holding tight for 7 weeks after taking the plunge at just over $15... what's another month?

UBS... I mean, what can you do? I hate their guts for ravaging the SP but I can't do anything to stop them. I'm sure as hell not giving up my position and incurring an eye watering loss at these prices.

So far as Citicorp's Investment Conference ... what a pity. Would've been nice if they could've thrown a few crumbs. But, no news is (hopefully) good news. One would hope they're getting ready to knock it out of the ball park at the AGM. In any event, they might have to reconsider their tight-lipped strategy unless they're okay with one of their main shareholders butchering the SP.
    Cannot fault a hyena or a vulture doing what they do - it's in their DNA just as it's in the DNA of UBS to try and make money out of the scary cats/minnows and small bit players on the NZX.

Sp is still 16.5% up YTD so all is not lost even though sp today has just dipped below $13.00 again.

I do take comfort that Jayne has not sold her shares to date.

Banned

A2 is currently like a coiled spring and I've got first hand experience from several incidents what happens when those springs get to uncoil in real life and your standing in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A2 is currently like a coiled spring and I've got first hand experience from several incidents what happens when those springs get to uncoil in real life and your standing in the way.
    https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=A2M

Shorts continuing to build up - now at 7.40% of total stock on issue or 54.38m shares.

Certainly will be some serious burn if the spring is sprung, so to speak.

Advanced Member

Late July & it was $18.02 & in the euphoria thought it was racing toward & going to beat FPH to $20+.
    Been pretty much downhill since then. Who would have believed 3 months later it would be 1294 today!
    Missed out on ATM but so much volatility & uncertainty its hard to pick a point to get in.
    Not sure if I want to risk it now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Late July & it was $18.02 & in the euphoria thought it was racing toward & going to beat FPH to $20+.
    Been pretty much downhill since then. Who would have believed 3 months later it would be 1294 today!
    Missed out on ATM but so much volatility & uncertainty its hard to pick a point to get in.
    If you had a true vision for the stock you wouldn't hesitate to get in, my last large parcel has an avg buy of $17.31 and its substantial and no I dont sleep less. PS-At current price the risk is tiny.
    Last edited by couta1; 21-10-2019 at 01:08 PM.

For what its worth I think a good risk minimisation strategy is too keep a very close eye on the chart. At this point there is no sign of it bottoming and a risk averse investor might want to keep waiting for as long as necessary for a clear sign its has done so and wait until it breaks back up through a technical indicator such as the 100 day moving average, or 30 day MA for those less risk averse. Perhaps put on half one's position on a break up through 30 day MA and the other half when the uptrend is confirmed on a break of the 100 day MA. Stocks with a stretched PE and unhelpful technical analysis do have significant risk.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-10-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

If you are not sure then do not buy it. Quite simple really.

I own some of these and was asked by my broker if I would allow them to be shorted, said no, and they came back and suggested I might want to reconsider.
    So I did and the rent eases the pain.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    If you are not sure then do not buy it. Quite simple really.

I own some of these and was asked by my broker if I would allow them to be shorted, said no, and they came back and suggested I might want to reconsider.
    So I did and the rent eases the pain.
    How much is the rent?