sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Saw A2 for the first time in the South Island today - in Timaru - who would have thunk! $5.97 for 2L of Fresha Valley

Its very easy to find in Christchurch. Can find it at most New Worlds

How is the current A2 milk in the supermarkets not the real deal ? Have I missed something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Muppett View Post
    The real deal A2 milk is/was due to be launched in July FY19. So, it should be out and about soon, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by limmy View Post
    How is the current A2 milk in the supermarkets not the real deal ? Have I missed something ?
    Maybe it's my perception and taste buds, but what I meant by the real deal was not the Fresha Valley milk as it looks tacky and tastes awful.
    The real deal is the A2 bottle that has the label with a2 in large white letters on the purple background, so it really stands out and yes folks, it tastes better.
    I drink the later whenever in Aus.

Fresha Valley tastes great, preferred that over the Anchor A2, had a fuller, creamier taste.

Cheapest 2l milk I can find at Countdown tastes just fine

Last lot was $3.50/
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I don't drink milk but only have a little in coffee or tea and Anchor A2 goes great with with them. My 10 and 12 years old said don't buy Budget range any more cos it tastes too watery.

Nestle still attempting a pathetic push with their NAN brands. Cheap knockoff brand that's been stagnant for the past decade. Not relevant.

Can anyone please tell me how this company is going to make money in the short term, bearing in mind the following:

1. Hurricane Florence is going to hit North & South Carolina and Virginia. A large area of the US for A2 sales which might possibly be impacted in H1 FY19 results.
    2. The UK is a struggle by the company's own admission and the UK does not feature as a focus in their Outlook for the future.
    3. The NZ role out will be a drag on the bottom line as there will be costs with marketing and distribution with little chance of scale as NZ is too small.
    4. With the bloated costs of the ANZ operations in comparison to the Asia operation, the company has stated it intends to increase marketing on the China/Asia market. Hope it works.
    5. No other or emerging market options, but they are a waste of time anyway.

I actually hope the SP goes North, but will it, can it?
    Last edited by Muppett; 12-09-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muppett View Post
    Can anyone please tell me how this company is going to make money in the short term, bearing in mind the following:

1. Hurricane Florence is going to hit North & South Carolina and Virginia. A large area of the US for A2 sales which might possibly be impacted in H1 FY19 results.
    2. The UK is a struggle by the company's own admission and the UK does not feature as a focus in their Outlook for the future.
    3. The NZ role out will be a drag on the bottom line as there will be costs with marketing and distribution with little chance of scale as NZ is too small.
    4. With the bloated costs of the ANZ operations in comparison to the Asia operation, the company has stated it intends to increase marketing on the China/Asia market. Hope it works.
    5. No other or emerging market options, but they are a waste of time anyway.

I actually hope the SP goes North, but will it, can it?
    That is depending how much weight do you put on the CEO's words. So what we already knew from what she said... The company is tracking well and over head costs would be slightly higher in 2019. Hence that is why I think the SP is lingering on around this level.

Perhaps a broker would probably be a better person to ask re short term of its cash generating.
    Last edited by longy; 13-09-2018 at 08:52 AM.