sharetrader
Page 133 of 2387 FirstFirst ... 33831231291301311321331341351361371431832336331133 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 23862
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    more likely ATM share be manipulated.
    I noticed two thirds of them went through at close.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    Called into Countdown last night and was happy to see instead of the usual one row of five bottles there were now three rows of five bottles, hopefully this is a sign of increasing demand and they have been needing to re-stock the shelf too often!
    I had that same experience in my local countdown a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Good old 500,000 man to the rescue. Is that you nt001.
    Nope, wish it was. I'm happy with what I've got for now, and would only buy again if the SP broke down well below 60c. Waiting for news from ATM.

But the more this nonsense continues, the more I believe with Master98 amd others that the SP is being manipulated, possibly with a takeover bid in view, and perhaps to grab control of the company's IP. However, my gut feeling is that very large numbers of shares are held by true believers, who are confident that there's a lot of upside in the company and they wouldn't sell out at anywhere near present levels, certainly not under $1 and probably a good deal more.

Quote Originally Posted by NT001 View Post
    Nope, wish it was. I'm happy with what I've got for now, and would only buy again if the SP broke down well below 60c. Waiting for news from ATM.

But the more this nonsense continues, the more I believe with Master98 amd others that the SP is being manipulated, possibly with a takeover bid in view, and perhaps to grab control of the company's IP. However, my gut feeling is that very large numbers of shares are held by true believers, who are confident that there's a lot of upside in the company and they wouldn't sell out at anywhere near present levels, certainly not under $1 and probably a good deal more.
    as per Joshuatree post#1603, top 100 shareholders holding barely moved which counted 576m out of total 660m company shares.

as per Joshuatree post#1603, top 100 shareholders holding barely moved which counted 576m out of total 660m company shares.
    Yes that's good. However, if a shareholder was simply churning a few hundred thousand shares or possibly less each day to manipulate the price downwards, it wouldn't necessarily show up in the holdings of the top 100, would it?

Advanced Member

Same here, if the buyers let the sp get down to 60c. I would buy more at 61 and 62c if I could. But if any more of these block 500,000 share buyers comes through, then it may not get down to 63c before the result announcement.

Yes that's good. However, if a shareholder was simply churning a few hundred thousand shares or possibly less each day to manipulate the price downwards, it wouldn't necessarily show up in the holdings of the top 100, would it?
    that's why i think ATM share could be manipulated.

Advanced Member

that's why i think ATM share could be manipulated.
    Depends on who has the most money or shares. If Mr. $300,000 man keeps on ordering 500,000 shares at a time, then Mr. Manipulater might run out of shares to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Depends on who has the most money or shares. If Mr. $300,000 man keeps on ordering 500,000 shares at a time, then Mr. Manipulater might run out of shares to sell.
    That's true, but does Mr $300,000 man have deep pockets, and is he perhaps in there only because he is guessing a takeover offer is coming? There don't seem to be many strong buyers at the moment (apart from Milford perhaps), and someone who wants to take the company over can well afford to lose quite a few million in the process of buying and selling the same shares to get the price down, until such time as a real resistance point is met. The TA experts (which I'm not) don't seem convinced it is there yet.

I just think all these new IPOs (not to mention the asset sales) have been siphoning funds away from companies like ATM, PEB, SML, SCT, MAD, RAK, BLT, SLG where traders don't see much short term gain and even some serious investors have become impatient. There's a limited market for innovative tech stocks which require patience, and in a small and relatively illiquid market like ours they are vulnerable to strong mood swings and potential manipulation.

ATM is more strongly placed than some of the others. It has a quality product with the science now clearly emerging in its favour, a consumer market looking for healthy food, and relatively high capitalisation. And above all it has excellent management with a commercial strategy that has drawn valuable commercial lessons from past bad experiences. But it also has enemies and needs to be on its guard for what Nicky Hager would call "Dirty Tricks".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Perhaps I have taught you all far too well - quick, get out there and buy shares in a downtrend!!! Damn it!
    Now there are many ways of looking at art KW, some may say ATM is in a fundamental valuation up trend