sharetrader
Page 249 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 1491992392452462472482492502512522532592993497491249 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 23752

What effect will it have on the share price?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    What effect will it have on the share price?
    Probably little impact at all

Banned

a2MC has a huge profile in Australia, hard to appreciate if you've not been or lived there for a bit. I could see the Aussie insto's quite readily buying and transferring, on or off market. It’s not like they have a mining sector to buy into at present.

“Listing on ASX will enable more Australian investors to participate in the company's growth and will increase the attractiveness and liquidity of its shares. The board believes that this will benefitall shareholders.”

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/204009.pdf

No new shares will be issued - we have that promise from Geoff Babidge. He also assured us that the dual listing will benefit all existing shareholders. Exactly how he can give that assurance I wouldn't know, except that logically there should be more demand for the existing shares. It's not that an Australian investor can't buy ATM shares at present via the NZX, but once the dual listing begins it will be a lot easier. ATM will also appear in the Aussie papers each day as part of the ASX share list, and brokers and the media there will take more notice of it.

There should be some useful publicity in Oz surrounding the launch of the dual listing - an opportunity for ATM to talk about its plans for China, UK and USA and even NZ. And with a larger pool of potential buyers, including the many thousands of Aussies who are avid A2 Milk customers already willing to pay premium prices for the product, the signs all suggest the SP should increase. It should also be more difficult for holders to manipulate the share price and force it down, if that is indeed what has been happening recently.

Banned

Absolutely NT, that's the difference between dual listed companies like FBU and KMD, they have a high profile on the ground in Australia with similar dual listed trading volumes.

I don't know or really care if traders will make a quick overnight buck out of it or not, but it seems to be a good medium term initiative to me.

And, with the dairy sector gaining the sort of attention in the article below, at a time when the once adored Australian mining sector is toast, we may very well see quite a bit of investor focus on soft commodities in 2015.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-30705467

ASX listing relieves a hurdle to all sorts of possibilities including Australian based M&A. The numbers kicked around in this one article alone paint the picture of possibilities at a time when ATM is so undervalued.

And of course, in reference to the articles focus on China, a2MC have told us that they anticipate fresh milk and UHT sales to double each year for the coming years. This is mostly exported under the Australian umbrella from their fully owned Australian subsidiary.
    Last edited by MAC; 18-01-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Advanced Member

Milk police here. Last week on 16/1/15 I bought 2 litre a2 at Green Lane Countdown with B/B date 29/1/15 , nice fresh milk and good tasting. Good on you Greenlane......... This morning 19/1/15 went to Mt. Wellington Countdown to buy a2 with B/B date on 20/1/15, there was about 6 bottles. Not good enough I thought. So took the bottle to the front of shop info. desk. And in a loud voice said ...Hey there.. you can't sell this old milk, it's 2 weeks old and I would'nt even give you two dollars for it. And the nice lady said...vedy vedy sorry, we can not sell it for two dollar, but we try to sell the old milk first. So I thought they must keep all the fresh milk out the back freezer for a couple of weeks. Not good enough I thought. ... All that milk should be removed from the shelves. Vedy vedy good we will do that immediately. So that is my moan for the week.

Team,

I heard the tail end of a BBC discussion (as I was driving) where they were commenting on the removal of the milk quota's on farmers in Europe in April and how this could result in a flood of product on the market and downward pressure on the price going forward. Farmers were saying they would need to increase production to remain profitable under downward price pressure points, nasty cycle. They also mentioned the possibility of Coca Cola getting involved ???? (missed this detail as was avoiding a lamppost at the time). I saw Pespi mentioned in previous posts now Coca Cola as well!!!! All old news maybe but don't recall Coca Cola been mentioned here before.

Of course we have a premium product in A2 however a possible flood of A1 at a lower price could impact this side of the world and markets overall.

What would happen if the premium price gap increased. If Pepsi or and Coco Cola get involved would they aggressively protect A1 or even embrace A2.

Interested in views

Gunny

Disc Hold ATM

Doing a bit more homework on it I see Coca Cola are launching their milk brand called Fairlife in 2015 after first noting it 2012.

Gunny

Doing a bit more homework on it I see Coca Cola are launching their milk brand called Fairlife in 2015 after first noting it 2012.

Gunny

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Doing a bit more homework on it I see Coca Cola are launching their milk brand called Fairlife in 2015 after first noting it 2012. Gunny
    The Coke product will evidently be highly processed and materially altered, and not much like natural milk, but sold at twice the price of ordinary milk. The announcement says sugar will be filtered out (making it lactose-free) and extra "nutrients" added including proteins and calcium. But the Fairlife website contradicts this slightly, saying a cold filtration system separates the milk (water, fat, sugar, protein, vitamins and minerals) and ditches most of the fat and sugars, then just puts the components together again in altered proportions. It says the end product has “no added protein powders or synthetic junk.” The premium milk comes in four versions (reduced fat, fat-free, chocolate-flavoured and "ultra filtrated full"). It is already available in Denver, Minneapolis and Chicago and is expected to be available nationwide this year.

Whether it is being marketed on the "milk" shelves or in the dairy-related beverages area isn't quite clear. Anyway, it's not much like A2 Milk which is unprocessed and purely natural. And presumably it contains A1.

Anyway, the US is a huge market, and as the BusinessWeek article notes, the dairy market there is very fragmented regionally and brandwise. So Fairlife "milk" should not be a big threat to A2 Milk which is aiming to launch in California shortly, so long as a2MC gets its consumer pitch right.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...alled-fairlife

Here's another version of the Coke announcement for those who enjoy girlie pictures. It seems to suggest Coke doesn't quite know whether its product will be pitched at seriously health-conscious consumers or the populist beverage market. Wonder how the feminist lobby will react.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...e-9883030.html