sharetrader
Page 27 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137771275271027 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysElephants View Post
    Anyone notice that 1.8mil shares went in the first minute of trading this morning...? About a million of those off market, anyone have a hunch about who might be diving in/jumping ship?
    Most likely just index based funds getting their holding up to the appropriate level before ATM's arrival on the NZX50 board on Monday.

Banned

Sparky did you make the fund managers pump up? Actually, I wanted to sell down but waiting now.

Quite a big day for ATM, both price wise and volume wise (14.5m shares traded). I imagine the massive off market trades after close would have been the index funds readjusting their portfolios. Hopefully entry onto the NZX50 can push it back to its all time highs!

Superannyuation cease to be SSH:

For last disclosure,--
    (a) total number held in class: 32,326,698
    (b) total in class: 646,416,979
    (c) total percentage held in class: 5.001% (Note relevant interests held
    by Managers as follows: AMP Capital Investors (1.905%); Milford Asset
    Management (2.379%); Devon Funds Management (0.206%); New Zealand
    Superannuation Fund (0.511%))
    For current holding after ceasing to have substantial holding:
    (a) total number held in class: 30,992,266
    (b) total in class: 646,416,979
    (c) total percentage held in class: 4.794% (Note relevant interests held
    by Managers as follows: AMP Capital Investors (1.905%); Milford Asset
    Management (2.379%); New Zealand Superannuation Fund (0.511%))

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    And I'm sold out as of over the last three-four trading days. Took a big stake in Summerset over the weekend. Didn't need something quite as volatile in the portfolio when Summerset gave me growth but not with the same perceived risk.

Also, have DIL and PEB, so plenty of growth holdings already. Got an average of 59c per share, so nearly 20% since December.

I can't describe it rationally, but this stock gave me shivers. Just wasn't comfortable holding it, as you can see from my previous posts, and if there is a correction, it's the kind of stock that gets murdered.

The SSH statement from the NZ Super Fund is intriguing.
    I got out at 59 over the past 1-2 days - Just needed the money more than anything, bills have to be paid. Nothing against the stock but the only next boost I can see in the forseable future is the release of any information on the infant formula. I have always been quite bitter about this stock due to the capital raising but happy(ish) now.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    I can't describe it rationally, but this stock gave me shivers. Just wasn't comfortable holding it, as you can see from my previous posts, and if there is a correction, it's the kind of stock that gets murdered.
    Just curious, why do you think ATM would get hammered if there was to be a correction? I would think that the 50 cent support would be pretty darn solid considering the amount traded at and above that.

It has certainly been a fickle and frustrating stock in the last few months. It just cant quite truly break free and get on a run. I suspect that many holders have become frustrated and impatient (probably rightfully so), so money has been pouring out and going into the likes of PEB and the recent SKT and SUM placements. I live in hope that the sellers will dry up a wee bit and it will hit 70 cents soon, but we shall see.

Advanced Member

http://www.southernweekly.com.au/sto...-show/?cs=1252

Here is a little article about an A2 farmer.

I understand the selldown by the major shareholders was to create liquidity in order for the company to qualify for a main board listing.

Correct, and who potentially benefits most from this liquidity going forward?

nothing sinister inferred, just pointing out a side effect of their action
    Last edited by Xerof; 20-03-2013 at 10:03 AM.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/worl...1-a-litre-milk

Article may be of some interest. Loads of sellers currently in the 58-60 cent range, but 57 seems to be bit of a support. Buyers appear to be slowly chipping through the sellers though - this reminds me of a month or two ago! MACD lines have crossed and RSI is heading down. Still confident that this is capable of producing some very nice returns, however whether this will occur soon or in months I have no idea. Main catalyst for a rise in price would be an announcement on the Chinese baby formula launch I'd imagine. Have stops in place at 55 cents, as if she starts heading back down I feel my money will be of better use elsewhere.