sharetrader
Page 3 of 2376 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast

There was a recent news article saying A2 was the only way NZ dairy could keep competitive in international market. Also they said most of NZ current dairy herd is A2 but mot of our breeding bulls are not so we seem to be drifting away from A2 production at the moment. I'm not sure of these facts but they were in a recent ODT.
    Felix, qui potest rerum cognoscere causas

FarmerGeorge see link in my last post. Article was suggesting the opposite

Article was quoting comments from Lincoln University farm management and agribusiness professor Keith Woodford

quote:

Coincidentally, while the majority of New Zealand's cows produced A1 milk, most of the country's top bulls were genetically A2, he said.

He said that around 500 farmers in New Zealand were now intentionally mating their cows using A2 bulls as a "risk management strategy", and suggested Australian farmers were being left behind on the issue.

quote:Originally posted by Enumerate

Someone wants a bit of a stake.
    Hi Enumerate - I'm interested as to why to think this. Most of the trades seem pretty small so I thought the main reason for the increased demand was quite a few small guys wanting in rather than someone accumulating a bit of a stake.

I'm wondering if ATM has got a bit ahead of itself or if there are still legs in this run yet. I'm happy to hold and wait and see for now, I put 50% of my shares up for sale at .30 a few days ago (when it was trading at around .22). 30c seemed miles away then but I'm glad now that they didn't sell

quote:Originally posted by corran
    Most of the trades seem pretty small so I thought the main reason for the increased demand was quite a few small guys wanting in rather than someone accumulating a bit of a stake.
    Its difficult to tell the difference between small guys getting in and a single holder accumulating. None of the big guys are selling; to build a stake you need to take out quite a number of small holders.

This is "classic" biotech pattern:

- Initial holders hanging in there - price holds up;
    - "Stale Bulls" - makes newer and lower lows
    - Dark days - low volume, low price
    - Explosion - driven by "events", price surge

Usually it is best to sell on the exuberance and buy back later. This can be usually be done a few times. However, I tend to hold the stocks I like - I am petrified of being "out" when the market discovers the value.

This stock would do much better on the ASX.
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

All things Diary are good news for investors at the moment. A bit of this sentiment is probably flowing over into support for A2's shareprice.

I'm a shareholder of A2 as of a month or so back and very happy with the last couple of weeks shareprice performance.

Going forward I'm happy to stay a shareholder as I like the tone of the Chairmans (Cliff Cook) communications over the last year or so. They all have a positive future outlook for this company.

Any new longer life products with better margins has to be good news for A2.

A couple of comments I especially liked from the recent FLLYR announcement dated 14th June 2007.

quote:"A2C has turned the corner with its reinvestment in Australia and launch into the US market."

Cook states that A2C is actively pursing new product opportunities other than liquid milk.

"We see the potential for a2 milk(TM) to be used in a wide array of functional milk-based applications such as infant formula, protein powders and dietary supplements. These additional opportunities will allow A2C to launch shelf stable, high margin products, which will provide consumers worldwide with the premium benefits of a2 milk(TM)".

quote:Originally posted by D_Pick
    Going forward I'm happy to stay a shareholder as I like the tone of the Chairmans (Cliff Cook) communications over the last year or so. They all have a positive future outlook for this company.
    Yes, I agree.

The company has a bit of the "suppressed science" tone to it. The fact that BCM7, the metabolic by-product of A1 beta caesine, causes so many blood lipid problems and is something that Fonterra wants to keep quiet. The solution is so simple ... the benefits are manifest ...

I have been a holder for a very long time - before the share consolidation. Current pricing is still lower than my entry. Fortunately the vast bulk of my holding was acquired during the darkest days.

When you think of upside revenues for this stock - some very very large numbers are possible.
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

With another book being released about the advantages of A2 milk it will be interesting the affects on the share price over the next few days.

I am firmly of the belief that A2 milk could be a very significant development for the dairy industry. Ignoring the science, for a moment, the marketing "spin" is a golden gift if you want to differentiate NZ milk production from the rest in new and emerging markets.

Technical advances in gene testing technology mean that the base costs of the company in certifying herds are dropping through the floor. Hopefully the value of having an A2 certified herd and the value of the brand will mean that this translates to increased margin.

Of course, an organisation like Fonterra should wake up to the value here. For the moment, A2 is building A2 herds in the US and Australia ...

Looks like the recent A2 health interest, and the accompanying share spike were taken as an opp by larger holders to sell down.

I thought I heard in radio commentry that Fonterra has A2 bull semen already and could if it wished, have an all A2 heard in a short period of time.

Anyone know:

1 How does A2's control over its intellectual property allow it to make money from Fonterra (if at all)?

2 How much (i.e. to what extent and for what period) protection does their intellectual property have, non NZ i.e. world markets. For example can it easily be copied/duplicated by others and not infringe on A2 rights?

Patents protect gene tests and Trademarks protect the A2 brand.

If you are going to certify a herd as A2 you need access to both sets of IP.

It is no use saying - "We think we are dominant A2-beta-caseine" - much easier to say "A2 Milk" - you need a license to say that.

Patents are of the order of 18 years - Trademarks are more or less forever.