sharetrader
Page 351 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 2513013413473483493503513523533543553614014518511351 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 23752
    Guru

BETTER MARKETING--Your reference to A2s position is a good example of not the best use of marketing, of a proven good product.

Hopefully they have learned from that.

It is not a fair world out there in the world of market share as we have seen.--And dont think for a moment that those Mums using the formula have not had the seed of doubt planted(even if unfairly)

Question is -where to from here?

Unfortunately a suet brings up a raging debate with the adversaries continuing to argue their point (right or wrong its still out there)

Perhaps the first step (before jumping in,boots and all $$) would be a campaign with ads that key on the positives and set things right on the false accusations.

Can bad PR be turned into good PR? Hopefully

Unfortunately this world of bringing products to the market in our so called free market,involves warfare---What I dont think some understand is that having the best product is only the start--The rest is up to marketing and distribution.

People often dont use simple logic when making decisions on what they purchase--They act on what they have been conditioned to think.

I have a friend who worked for a large firm in Europe in marketing--He said they regularly would have what was called ''war games''
    This involved ''think sessions'' where they would gather to try to guess what the next move would be by their competitors and stay one step ahead.

You not only have to have the best product--You have to SHOW the consumers why they want it. (As , Im sure we have all seen, this also works when you dont have the best product)--Hell,if they can talk you into buying water....(who would have thought 20 yrs ago)

Or sugary carbonated drinks that have been proven to cause serious health problems--or even milk contaminated with growth hormones by Monsanto in the States.

This show on TV may well be just a case of how the battle lines have been drawn.
    Last edited by skid; 02-05-2015 at 12:07 PM.

Banned

Yep, and when a company like a2MC has a humble but growing 9.3% market share thus far, everything to gain from chasing some of the remaining 90.7%, a product they absolutely believe in, and which consumers support enthusiastically, a2MC should absolutely be hammering out a loud and carefully focused positive marketing response.

Perhaps, simply because they are nearing their 10% goal, it's time now to have an all out, no holding back, public debate on the matter, I see little down side risk to that, and enormous potential, perhaps they might ultimately even achieve a 12 to 15% market share over time.

Aside: each percentage point in Australian fresh milk market share is worth around $12M in revenues, at a 35% gross margin, $4.2M in cashflows. And, whilst the company is rapidly diversifying away from a dependency on Australian fresh milk sales they are still important to the company.

Guru

They have taken a small hit --how they regroup is the key.---The distributors seem to be doing their job--now its the turn of the marketing staff.

I dont think its the time for David to take on Goliath full on--for now it might be good to just show how good David is and let the giant go on sleeping for now(in terms of the suet)

any publicity is good publicity especially if its followed up with a "we,ve got nothing to hide campaign" or something along the lines of "its only going to cost you $3 to find out"....i dont think an all out assault on the films producers is the right way to go,...time will tell

Guru

There have been times I remember tv shows making a corrections if its been brought to their attention that the piece was misleading--also there are sometimes comments for that show on the next weeks show--not sure how this one works.
    We've got nothing to hide sounds like you are on the back foot--a nice positive ad showing the real facts about A2 milk and how wonderful etc. etc. might get more milage.==like ''next to mothers milk its the best thing you can do for the most precious thing in your life'' etc. etc. Gosh, makes me want to go out and buy some now (provided I cant find a Mother)
    Last edited by skid; 02-05-2015 at 03:43 PM.

I would'nt hold your breath with this stock. It could take years to show a Substantial lift in SHAREPRICE.

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    I would'nt hold your breath with this stock. It could take years to show a Substantial lift in SHAREPRICE.
    Cant disagree with your facts there K1....you put a good argument forward so i guess there,s no point in crying over spilt milk

I'm with you Skid, make something positive out of something which is potentially damaging. Don't hide, bring it out into the open, refer people to it and then start working on turning it around.
    I don't think a2mc can kid itself that this program will not get to the USA. It will be everywhere where people will be researching it.

Realistically, having read the response from ABC TV to a2mc's complaints to "the check out" program, I believe that sending in lawyers to sue ABC television for misrepresentation based on the known and proven facts, is pretty risky. A lot of the credibility behind A2 milk is actually anecdotal evidence. That's not scientific, its opinion. That action could backfire badly.

I'm no marketing expert but some response is needed otherwise as NT001 has pointed out, most people will continue to believe its bull**** unless it is contested in some way.

Something like "here is what the program says...this is what we say and this is what our customers say" or here is what our independent peer group response to our research says..."etc
    I like the saying that "a2 infant formula is the closest thing to mothers milk a child can drink because it has all of the natural a2 protein and none of the a1 protein".

More research needed on detrimental impact of a1 and BCM-7. I understand that work is continuing in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
    More research needed on detrimental impact of a1 and BCM-7. I understand that work is continuing in that area.
    Indeed, it's been underway
    http://www.proactiveinvestors.com/co...any-61142.html

The Proteomics contract is not for research into the A1-A2 issue or the detrimental impact of A1. It's simply a contract to verify that when a2MC sells A2 milk it is really pure A2. It's a quality control measure that involves daily monitoring of a2MC product.

In the past, there has been at least one incident a few years back in which a batch of A2 Milk was found on analysis to contain small traces of A1. It only needs one farmer-supplier to let one cow carrying the A1 gene to get milked along with his A2 herd for this to happen, and it can seriously damage the product's reputation, so it needs to be monitored closely, especially when there are some people who would like to discredit a2MC.

But Harrie is correct, that further research is under way. Some of it is supported by a2MC but a lot is being undertaken independently by research teams round the world, often without a2MC's knowledge until the results are published. These researchers are motivated not by wanting to help a2MC but by concern at the health and medical risks associated with A1.