sharetrader
Page 370 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 2703203603663673683693703713723733743804204708701370 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 23755

To rule on a point of law the court needs to hear both sides in detail. To do this you better believe that the FSA's scientific staff will be summons to the court and cross examined, so will all other relevant research need to be admitted. This is necessary to provide a court ruling on the issue of whether "check out" were in breach of acceptable reporting standards.
    In the absence of conclusive scientific evidence the FSA will just stick to its old line. ... result...no case to answer, court dismissed!

I think its a bit of a long shot and a distraction. The best that can come of this is that a2mc is prepared to defend itself, therefore the perception is that there must be something in it.
    I guess we will find out in due course NT!

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
    I think its a bit of a long shot and a distraction. The best that can come of this is that a2mc is prepared to defend itself, therefore the perception is that there must be something in it.
    This may never get to court….. a settlement may be negotiated. I would think ATM are well aware of all the ramifications and the fact that they are proceeding could be regarded a vote of confidence in their 'research' and 'legal advice.' Interesting times ahead.

Harrie, distraction is the key word here

Distractions generally are very costly, esp if winning as no great prize ......management and other staff better employed doing what they do best like growing the business

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Its a tough rd alright --some years back Monsanto actually stopped a report about the damage that growth hormones and antibiotics caused that were found in the milk from the cows that were given these chemicals(it was cancer from memory).--I believe it talks about it in a documentary called ''the corporation''---pretty dark stuff.
    Perhaps for now A2 will simply have to bring the good points to as many as possible rather than take on the big and powerful.
    (Those with deep pockets will just play the continuous appeal game until their adversary runs out of money.)

Ive heard that JK has gone and signed the TPPA which is a sad day for all---(Details remain secret for 4 years)
    Correction --apparently the agreement has not been signed yet--but is close(I know its a bit of a sidebar but this could affect all kiwi exporters--all this talk of court cases made me think of it)

Long drawn out court cases can be a black hole for funds unfortunately.

Agree with winner--rather than defend or attack--its probably money better spent promoting the good points--If A2 is better --.then state it--if others want to challenge --let them.

SP has certainly improved,but its still a bit early to call it a trend-time will tell
    Last edited by skid; 12-06-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Harrie, distraction is the key word here

Distractions generally are very costly, esp if winning as no great prize ......management and other staff better employed doing what they do best like growing the business
    Yes, well I think that had to do something W69. Unfortunately I have to agree with you though, its a distraction and a complete waste of time and money, not likely to go anywhere and worse could backfire. a2mc are in an unenviable position. Dammed if you do dammed if you don't.
    Hopefully they can get ABC to somehow ameliorate their stance without it going to court.

Advanced Member

Looks like the 5 o'clock boys are back in town. But this time around they are buying and not selling.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Looks like the 5 o'clock boys are back in town. But this time around they are buying and not selling.
    If arrovest bought most of the 4.5 mill...then by my calcs they may be near the 20% mark...buying may dry up unless some one else is also buying

Looks like NZ Super Fund has been a big seller. Its total holding has gone down by 6m shares, taking it below the 5% SSH barrier.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/ATM/announcements/265762
    Last edited by NT001; 16-06-2015 at 03:57 PM. Reason: correcting seller's name

Would have thought that the NZSF would have been there for the long haul. Suppose the good news is that they have dumped 6 mil and the price has remained in the high 50's. directly after that news though the price dropped a cent, so that may have scared a few into thinking that there is more selling to come from that quarter?

Would have thought that the NZSF would have been there for the long haul. Suppose the good news is that they have dumped 6 mil and the price has remained in the high 50's. directly after that news though the price dropped a cent, so that may have scared a few into thinking that there is more selling to come from that quarter?
    Seems the Super boys have a different view on the stock than Milfie did. By the way where's that FMA file gone??