sharetrader
Page 380 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 2803303703763773783793803813823833843904304808801380 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 23752
    Investor

Its still going all guns blazing on ASX, currently 68c as I type, another fun filled day tmrw on NZX I guess...

Investor

Stop the press...

Its US Dairy Company that's interested...

US-giant Dean Foods Co in bid for a2 Milk Company

http://www.afr.com/street-talk/usgia...0150623-ghvf68

United States-listed Dean Foods Company is the mystery bidder circling New Zealand's a2 Milk Company, having teamed up with Australia's Freedom Foods in a bid for the company.

Dean, America's largest processor and direct-to-store distributor of fluid milk and worth $US1.6 billion, is understood to be keen to help a2 Milk Company distribute its products in the United States.

a2 started selling products into the California region in mid-April and has told investors that the United States is one of its key growth markets.

a2 milk revealed the takeover interest on Monday saying it had received an expression of interest from two associated trade parties.

ASX-listed Freedom Foods later outed itself as one of the two trade parties and said it was working with a "leading international liquid dairy milk company".

It's understood Moelis & Co is advising the bidding consortia, while Goldman Sachs is working for a2 Milk Company.

Dilettante

Good score sb9. It will be interesting to see market reaction tomorrow !

Investor

Can tell you its 71c on ASX right now...

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    It will not be stopping anywhere near that level !

Screaming buyin now opportunity?

IMO

Great sleuthing sb9. I was so close to bailing out of ATM for other opps with more immediate upside; or so i thought.Phew!

Well as I said yesterday, an American buyer makes more sense tome than a Chinese one. And although Deans is a part of Big Dairy, it does focus on meeting the needs of health-conscious customers and is not afraid to differentiate its products from the stadard milk generally available. For example its farmer suppliers are required to NOT use artificial growth hormones which have become one of the big concerns of health-conscious American consumers.

http://deandairy.com/newscenter.php?...mone_free_milk

So as a shareholder who wants to see the scientific research underlying A2 continued and expanded and incorporated into general consumer knowledge, my first reaction is that a Deans takeover could be a positive development, quite apart from the likelihood of a worthwhile offer for our shares.

sb9, thanks for posting the AFR article re US company Dean Foods. Now we can all have a break from Snoopy's rambling speculations.
    Last edited by blundoon; 23-06-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Closed at 68.5 cents. Which these days equates to 77c in kiwi dollars. What's going to happen tomorrow day?