sharetrader
Page 496 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 3964464864924934944954964974984995005065465969961496 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 23752
    Advanced Member

A bit of trivial stuff.....725,000,000 plus shares have traded since 2/6/15.....on the NZX.
    Last edited by see weed; 04-02-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_steps_ View Post
    I was under the impression that Synlaits new facility has ample capacity for increased production?? It would be a shame if their facility is already maxed out considering its less than 2 years old!

Anybody know what the cost of the a2/a2 tail hair costs per cow??

I read a couple of years back that it was $1 per test.

I am assuming you mean what is the cost the a2/a2 identification.
    Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster View Post
    I read a couple of years back that it was $1 per test.

Advanced Member

Been a bit quiet on here ...Big late rally in Australia today to close @ 182 Aud so just over 2.00 NZ ...... They've got Monday to have fun as well ...

Think late rally was in response to positive announcement by BAL on asx (kind of went up in sympathy )

Guru

Article not specifically mentioning A2, but about the volumes of milk powder being airfreighted into China from Stayla.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...9#/903cc139/28

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Been a bit quiet on here ...Big late rally in Australia today to close @ 182 Aud so just over 2.00 NZ ...... They've got Monday to have fun as well ...
    I think it works to be NZ 196 @.933 conversion rate if I'm not wrong.

Anyway back to more important things, Bellamy's have come up with big trading update and the sp swung after down to low $10 earlier in the day to finish high $12 and looks like it may not stop there come Monday. And they announce their interim results on 19th, but I guess today's announcement is pretty much close to that.

This only means big upsurge for ATM sp and they're due to announce 1H results on 17th.

It may be big call, but I'm picking we might see 3 in front of sp before end of April if today's trading and SSH notices by Regal are anything to go by.

Always pls DYOR, happy to hold my shares for long term...

Finally, feel very sorry for those shorters on ASX especially in relation to BAL, I think they were caught their pants down big time!!!!! Big lesson for them...

The Farmers Weekly article posted by Sideshow Bob is interesting, but even more so to my mind are the stories on the facing page that describe the dire position of UK dairy farmers right now. UK farmers must be getting desperate for any opportunity to earn a premium by producing milk that isn't just a low-end commodity. Most contributors on this thread seem obsessed by A2M's sales into China while writing off the company's efforts in the UK and USA, but there could be good things happening in those markets that may start to come to light on the 17th.

Meanwhile the ATM share price is being buffeted around mainly due to the false belief in Australia that it is closely comparable to Bellamys, which is currently undergoing a long overdue SP correction. Although both companies export milk formula to China, there are fundamental differences between them that many analysts and investors simply don't comprehend. ATM is in a vastly superior position for longterm growth. It has a different and unique product line and a more diversified global strategy, and is far better situated to ramp up its supply lines to meet increasing demand - despite the frustration of some investors that it hasn't been able to flood the Chinese market with product overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster View Post
    I am assuming you mean what is the cost the a2/a2 identification.
    Yep - you understood me. I now realise how poorly that post was written - sorry, and thanks for your response. Wow $1 per test - that is amazing! Here i was thinking that there would be an upfront cost of $5K plus for farmers wanting their herd checked.

west coaster and ginger steps:

I'm sure you won't find any lab offering to test the a1-a2 status of a cow for $1. The main tester in NZ is GenomNZ, part of AgResearch. It doesn't advertise the cost of its A1-A2 tests, but I've seen quite a lot of net traffic mentioning costs of around $20 per cow, including for offshore cows. In the US, the University of California at Davis does it for about $25. That comes to quite a high cost to test a full herd, but if a farmer has got good breeding records of his cows he would be able to rule out quite a few of his stock without testing, based on details of its parents. Suppliers of bull semen provide info about its A1-A2 status. It's possible that Synlait helps its suppliers with the cost of testing - I just wouldn't know.

Most of NZ's top breeding bulls now are pure A2 because they're in the most demand. That's partly because A2 cows have a reputation for good milk output, and partly because smart farmers are reading the writing on the wall, that A2 is the way to go even though Fonterra is still refusing to endorse that view. Read Keith Woodford's blog articles on this, including the most recent at

http://www.interest.co.nz/rural-news...ite-nz-science

which will be making a lot of farmers switch to A2 if they haven't already. In addition to the cost of testing his cows, there are also other costs if a farmer wants to convert his herd quickly to all-A2. For example, he needs to dispose of cows or calves that are not A2A2 and replace them with ones that are.