sharetrader
Page 530 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 3043048052052652752852953053153253353454058063010301530 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 23752

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    Nope

As A2 doesn't have their own manufacturing plant, the 3-brand rule as it's currently written will potentially eliminate legitimate access into China
    You really think Synlait would drop a2?? Highly doubt it!!!! The three brand rule will only help a2 by eliminating 80% of brands on the shelf = much higher visibility for a2, and less competition for that matter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_steps_ View Post
    You really think Synlait would drop a2?? Highly doubt it!!!! The three brand rule will only help a2 by eliminating 80% of brands on the shelf = much higher visibility for a2, and less competition for that matter.
    Definately not, it's an ever increasing earner for them and the reason they have had to expand facilities to cope with the growth of the product.

Herbacious

I personally think the Synlait ownership make up isn't highly relevant, after all, why would the chinese owners want to create their own brand to export into China when they already own a company that has two brands exporting into China and manufactures a third (which has a highly competitive point of difference)? It doesn't make sense to me that they'd bump A2 off just to bring in a third brand. Unless they did it to crash the share price and buy them up so they own the third brand, then it makes total sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_steps_ View Post
    I agree. A2 is Synlaits biggest customer...

.. Lactose intolerance has nothing whatsoever to do with A2 or Bellamy formula products A2 product differentiation is a protein difference.
    I'm sorry Falcon but you are wrong on this point. The a2 company used to say that it does not claim a2 milk gets around the problem of lactose intolerance, but now this has changed.

Since publication of the Chinese human clinical trial recently, it has been saying that A1 is certainly a cause of so-called lactose intolerance, and a2 does get around this. And I haven't seen anyone disputing that this is a fair conclusion from the Chinese trial. I think it may have actually surprised a2MC a bit, but that's the big news to emerge from the trial, and I'm surprised you are unaware of this.

Of course this does not apply to Belklamy's organic, which contains both the A2 and the A1 proteins.

The key result reported from the trial was that "Consumption of milk containing only A2 β-casein did not aggravate PD3 symptoms relative to baseline (i.e., after washout of dairy products) in lactose tolerant and intolerant subjects".

What that means in plain English is that after a two-week period of abstinence from all dairy consumption allowing the symptoms of lactose intolerance to completely recede, the consumption of A2 milk did not result in symptoms of digestive inflammation normally associated with lactose intolerance, even in those subjects identified as "lactose intolerant".

This finding has resulted in a2MC openly proclaiming that in the Chinese trial "All of the participants were able to drink a2 Milk™ even though it contains lactose", and that "symptoms of lactose intolerance ...completely disappear when participants drank a2 Milk™" There4fore it asserts that "The extent of lactose intolerance could be a myth and the symptoms are likely to be a result of an inflammatory response in the gut caused by the A1 protein".

So the company is not saying ALL cases of lactose intolerance are in fact caused by A1, but a lot certainly are. And in China, where lactose intolerance is a general problem, this is huge.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

T

Now think about Synlait ownership. Bright Dairy, a large Chinese dairy company is a major shareholder. Shanghai Pengxin is the owner of Synlait Farms. What if either of these companies want a formula brand for China made at THEIR Synlait plant in NZ?
    There is no Synlait Farms, it is now Purata Farming. The don't market a baby formula - nor has there ever been mention made of them pursuing this? They certainly have no claim to the Synlait milk plant.

Banned

It looks like going to be bullish tmrw opening. HC forum is hot about ATM. Below is the news from HC.
    The key information tax exemption to my surprise ,

消息显示,今日上午各地关检部门已相继通知企业,正式消息或于下周一或周二时正式对外公布。
    Authorities has informed all traders this morning, and official announcement will be made Monday or Tuesday.

跨境电商零售进口商品的单次交易限值为人民币2000元,个人年度交易限值为人民币20000元。在限值以 内进口的跨境电商零售进口商品,关税税率暂设为0%;进口环节增值税、消费税取消免征税额,暂按法定应纳税 额的70%征收。超过单次限值、累加后超过个人年度限值的单次交易,以及完税价格超过2000元限值的单个 不可分割商品,均按照一般贸易方式全额征税。
    single transaction under 2000 RMB and individual annual transaction under 20000RMB are DUTY FREE and import value added tax and consumer tax will be charged at 70% of its legally chargeable amount. For over 2000RMB/unit commodity, the tax will be charged at its full price. (PS: A2 single unit price should be around 180RMB far under 2000 limit)

Well, on top of the news of the delay, we now know the tax will also be discounted as well.
    Congratulations to those who bought on Friday.

The news recently just out from Chinese newspaper, they said it is official.

anyway, went to countdown today to pick up my A2 milk. No stock at all, ask the customer service and she said they don't have in stock. She said heaps of oldies regularly buying the milk. Every weekend, I went to grab and it is only 2 to 3 bottles left....

I was going to quote one of you, but I couldn't decide who was the most appropriate

You guys/gals really don't understand Infant Formula at all. And if you don't understand the basic product, or the international market it is part of, how the heck can you make any sound decisions?

A2 is a tiny niche player. Compare to Mead Johnson, Danone, Nestle, Abbott. These are the main stream companies that Synlait is targeting.

The 3 brand rule is a game changer. It is being challenged at the very highest level in world trade. Because if it becomes law, it will severely limit access to the world's most lucrative (but very difficult) formula market in the world

The major companies will be forced into buying brand access through third party manufacturers to retain their market presence. But they have deep pockets, and the economics will stack up

A2 v's Multi-billion dollar companies.

Has the penny dropped yet?

If you think that Shanghai Pengxin bought dairy farms surrounding an IF company as a simple farming investment, I'd suggest a reality check is needed. How much are dairy farms making at current payout? It's not about farming as an investment. The acquisition is about a long term play into value added products. Shanghai Pengxin already do this with UHT at Miraka

As for the lactose comment above, I'm not wasting my time responding beyond saying - read the nutrition information panel. Case closed

...As for the lactose comment above, I'm not wasting my time responding beyond saying - read the nutrition information panel. Case closed
    That kind of reply sounds like a copout to me. Read WHAT nutrition information panel, and what particular part?

-aholic

I was going to quote one of you, but I couldn't decide who was the most appropriate

You guys/gals really don't understand Infant Formula at all. And if you don't understand the basic product, or the international market it is part of, how the heck can you make any sound decisions?

A2 is a tiny niche player. Compare to Mead Johnson, Danone, Nestle, Abbott. These are the main stream companies that Synlait is targeting.

The 3 brand rule is a game changer. It is being challenged at the very highest level in world trade. Because if it becomes law, it will severely limit access to the world's most lucrative (but very difficult) formula market in the world

The major companies will be forced into buying brand access through third party manufacturers to retain their market presence. But they have deep pockets, and the economics will stack up

A2 v's Multi-billion dollar companies.

Has the penny dropped yet?

If you think that Shanghai Pengxin bought dairy farms surrounding an IF company as a simple farming investment, I'd suggest a reality check is needed. How much are dairy farms making at current payout? It's not about farming as an investment. The acquisition is about a long term play into value added products. Shanghai Pengxin already do this with UHT at Miraka

As for the lactose comment above, I'm not wasting my time responding beyond saying - read the nutrition information panel. Case closed
    Sorry xafalcon im too late to the party to know what to make from your comment but until i take sometime out and read about ATM/industry/this thread - is what your saying good or bad for ATM..