sharetrader
Page 577 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 7747752756757357457557657757857958058158762767710771577 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 23754

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    I lucky enough sold at $2.80... will wait till $2.30 to position myself again!
    I assume you are in for a long wait ?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I assume you are in for a long wait ?
    Or a share split. 4 for 1 at $9.20.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Always a real pleasure chatting with you mate and yes I was listening as you can see, many thanks
    Fasten your seat belt on this one mate, she's more volatile than a molatov cocktail, you'll be right being an Air shareholder though, plenty of practise aye. PS-Hit $2.32 AU a minute ago to highlight the fact.
    Last edited by couta1; 15-02-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    I lucky enough sold at $2.80... will wait till $2.30 to position myself again!
    Did I miss something, when was it $2.80?

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Did I miss something, when was it $2.80?

10.00 am today
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    10.00 am today
    Right, thanks winner, been a busy day ... a sell at $2.80 pretty good trade and timing for today! Technically today is a double top failure, from Dec 1st/2nd 2016. Just an aberration though eh, off to $3.XX soon as those naughty ASX shorters get bored.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Right, thanks winner, been a busy day ... a sell at $2.80 pretty good trade and timing for today! Technically today is a double top failure, from Dec 1st/2nd 2016. Just an aberration though eh, off to $3.XX soon as those naughty ASX shorters get bored.
    Do shorters ever get bored? addictions are compelling. A little singeing of their rear ends every now and again helps keep them in check.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Do shorters ever get bored? addictions are compelling. A little singeing of their rear ends every now and again helps keep them in check.
    Those poor buyers from 2.60 to 2.80s must be feeling a bit disheartened tonight. I wonder if shorting is doing more damage to the market than good. Think, if I was starting out and it happened, would probably sell and never return to the market again. But we all know a2m has a sting in its tail on positive news announcements. But now all the shenanigans are over, I hope, lets see what happens tomorrow. I really do think this shorting will damage the market if it carries on. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Those poor buyers from 2.60 to 2.80s must be feeling a bit disheartened tonight. I wonder if shorting is doing more damage to the market than good. Think, if I was starting out and it happened, would probably sell and never return to the market again. But we all know a2m has a sting in its tail on positive news announcements. But now all the shenanigans are over, I hope, lets see what happens tomorrow. I really do think this shorting will damage the market if it carries on. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Some people trade the ups, others trade the downs. Some trade both, it's all perfectly legitimate. ASX and their supporting trading platforms enable you to short stocks, NZX and the trading platforms are so unsophisticated you can't short stocks unless you have a friendly broker who'll lend you shares. Shorting is a fact of life in the markets, especially the ASX in this context. It won't go away and is only beaten by exuberant longs. So go long, burn some shorts, or keep in mind there are traders who work the downside opportunities.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    As much as I hate both the concept and result of shorting stocks(If you paid a higher price)apparently it helps create a healthy and efficient market in various ways eg offering a contrarian view and adding liquidity etc etc. Although after today's result I find it hard to believe that the stock is overvalued around the $2.60 level.
    Last edited by couta1; 15-02-2017 at 09:33 PM.