sharetrader
Page 580 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 8048053057057657757857958058158258358459063068010801580 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 23755
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well done, but you got all the lucky breaks to aid your cause. Shorters want to push the price as close to $2 as possible so your patience may pay off.
    yes..wait till the dust gone n settle...my aim is $2.10ish....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    yes..wait till the dust gone n settle...my aim is $2.10ish....
    Sold mine out today once it hit 10% down on my latest purchase price, lost half of my gains from selling near the top last week, and made the mistake of buying back too soon (Need to work on that one, even though I knew I should have waited) Not much to hold the price up currently, so let's see where it drifts down to?

One thing I have learnt (the hard way) is not to buy off directors and management. They know the company and its prospects better than anyone else and when they sell, especially three in unison - the act speaks volume more than anything else.

TIL was a fine example - I got out most of my shares when the directors sold last year. Thank goodness for the hard experiences from the past.

THL - bought when the directors kept buying.

PEB - should have sold out when CEO, MD and Chairman sold (portfolio rebalancing, building an extension to the house whatever).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    One thing I have learnt (the hard way) is not to buy off directors and management. They know the company and its prospects better than anyone else and when they sell, especially three in unison - the act speaks volume more than anything else.

TIL was a fine example - I got out most of my shares when the directors sold last year. Thank goodness for the hard experiences from the past.

PEB - should have sold out when CEO, MD and Chairman sold (portfolio rebalancing, building an extension to the house whatever).
    Yes, thanks Balance for your timely reminder. The CEO has actually sold 44% of his share holding in a little over 12 months (I discovered today) he has 5.6 million shares as of today compared to 10 million he held back then. He is of course entitled to sell as many as he wants but the rebalancing of the portfolio excuse is a red herring IMO. Why would you put your money elsewhere, when your money is in the hottest thing since sliced bread?

Banned

Sold mine out today once it hit 10% down on my latest purchase price, lost half of my gains from selling near the top last week, and made the mistake of buying back too soon (Need to work on that one, even though I knew I should have waited) Not much to hold the price up currently, so let's see where it drifts down to?
    i think I will leave atm for a while...I might wait couple weeks before thier final report...so volatile

I still feel like everyone was raving about the results a few days ago and they have a good track record. So many things could make you sell shares in ATM, but it always seems to bounce back. I'm just going to hold this time and not look at the share price for a while unless there's significant news. We'll see how that approach goes!

老外

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

This is exactly right and the reason I sold out of both TIL and PEB too. Reflecting back now both were great calls at the time.

Have also sold all my ATM today and I have been a supporter for almost 5 years...

Remember Balance's words - the directors know the company intimately and will sell while the price is high before it drops due to imminent bad news/performance/prospect downgrade. Don't get burned by thinking you know the company/market better than the directors/CEO etc.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I still feel like everyone was raving about the results a few days ago and they have a good track record. So many things could make you sell shares in ATM, but it always seems to bounce back. I'm just going to hold this time and not look at the share price for a while unless there's significant news. We'll see how that approach goes!
    Everyone was raving .However you have new information now ( significant inside selling ).
    So you are effectively saying " it's different this time " .....time will tell .

Banned

I think I will use the fund to get in HBL spp....ATM is volatile.....with lion court issue, director selling share...low sales in second half....might see people start to book in thier profit. A lot of them awere in since $1 ish.....so...good luck to you all...

Outside thinking.

Nice lift today.

Happy holding (with an av price of less than $1,) long term this coy is set to continue to outperform NZX 50 index, and IMHO fair value is still north of today's price.