sharetrader
Page 620 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 12052057061061661761861962062162262362463067072011201620 ... LastLast
Results 6,191 to 6,200 of 23752
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan View Post
    In the article, the customers imply that A2 baby formula is an Aussie product. Is it? Or is it supplied from NZ, and this is another case of the Aussie thievery of a Kiwi icon?
    As long as A2M keeps selling and the share price keeps going up, who cares!!

Seriously, the beauty of the A2M business model is that its milk supplies are a mix of sources (nicely spreading risks while allowing local 'ownership' of the brand.) E.g. Fresh milk comes from the country it is operating in e.g. USA, Aust, UK etc however as I understand it Synlait is the supplier of A2's infant formula to Aust, Asia and China.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 04-08-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan View Post
    In the article, the customers imply that A2 baby formula is an Aussie product. Is it? Or is it supplied from NZ, and this is another case of the Aussie thievery of a Kiwi icon?
    I totally get where you're coming from, but in this case to give credit where due, since A2 moved onto ASX and under the management of Geoff, Peter and others, they definitely made A2 what is today.

Advanced Member

I had a colleague who left us to work for A2 Milk in 2001. Totally, unashamedly a NZ success story.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Wow I'm blown away by the performance of this stock and I've really missed the boat selling out. Question now is if is this is a risky decision to buy back at this price? Surely there'll be a pull back at some point, but I've been thinking that since $3. It really is seeming unstoppable at this point.
    I've had ATM on my watch list since it was about 80 cents and have always been too wary to make a purchase. Don't know why, as I've taken a few (mostly successful) punts over the years.

I definitely cant pluck up the courage to buy at the current price - but maybe I'll be regretting that in another year too.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I've had ATM on my watch list since it was about 80 cents and have always been too wary to make a purchase. Don't know why, as I've taken a few (mostly successful) punts over the years.

I definitely cant pluck up the courage to buy at the current price - but maybe I'll be regretting that in another year too.
    I know the feeling - and you probably will.

Discl: bought in a couple of days ago at $4.20 - and so far quite happy with my latest investment
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I asked myself the hard question yesterday. Where do I see the SP in five years time ? (Probably where it is now after a 2 or 3:1 split) so I took a large brave pill and topped up some more. Did the same with HBL too....might have overdone it on the brave pills and maybe get my comeuppance with a short term pullback but long term I'm pretty sure I'm following the breadcrumbs to future profits.
    https://www.blackmores.com.au/produc...stress-formula Good stuff when you're coping with stress or extra work pressure or want to feel a bit braver or all three factors.
    Rating BBB (Beagles best bravepill)
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-08-2017 at 03:43 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I sold out today and will now probably suffer sellers remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    I sold out today and will now probably suffer sellers remorse.
    Why would you sell at this time? Likely the results this month will be good too. Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Why would you sell at this time? Likely the results this month will be good too. Just curious
    I bought at 50 cents and sold at 68 cents...keep asking my self the same question...and I had 160,000 as well...keep kicking myself....all I wanted was exposure to dairy but fonterra had it sown up......then I look at at Xerox...bought at 75 cents...only cos Sam Morgan bought sum..and sold at 1dollar 50...what a guru..doubled me money in 6 weeks...im still black and blue from the kicking I've given myself...why...why ..why...can only laugh an move on..lol

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    I bought at 50 cents and sold at 68 cents...keep asking my self the same question...and I had 160,000 as well...keep kicking myself....all I wanted was exposure to dairy but fonterra had it sown up......then I look at at Xerox...bought at 75 cents...only cos Sam Morgan bought sum..and sold at 1dollar 50...what a guru..doubled me money in 6 weeks...im still black and blue from the kicking I've given myself...why...why ..why...can only laugh an move on..lol
    Easy with the benefit of hindsight Ziggy to kick oursleves for selling too early. But it can just as easily go the other way and that feels even worse. I bought into the Wynyard hype and was reassured by Sam Morgan buying a big chunk. Duh! I am still kicking myself for not selling