sharetrader
Page 630 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 13053058062062662762862963063163263363464068073011301630 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 23752

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...s-now-infected

Does anyone know how far away this is from the A2 farms, and what affect it might have ?
    I would be more concerned about the South Canterbury farms than Rangiora ... however it sounds like that Mycoplasma bovis occurs now towards the north as well as towards the South of the location of most A2 herds.

From some reports in the radio it sounds as well the MPI is treating the whole thing with its usual incompetence (suspected herds allowed to graze up to the boundary fence with not infected herds just over the fence). If this results in additional infections I am sure this will help to improve neighbourly goodwill for years to come.

Anyway - it is a disease which is endemic in most parts of the world - i.e. people and cows can live with it. No food safety risk, either. It just means affected farms will have a higher rate of sick animals - reducing the overall herd yield.

I assume NZ farmers will learn to live with Mycoplasma bovis as everybody else does. Similar like Varroa to honey bees. Not the end of the world, just another expense and pain.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Dilettante

UBS announcing it has been taking some profits, reducing holding from 6.14% to 5.03%

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    UBS announcing it has been taking some profits, reducing holding from 6.14% to 5.03%
    with a holding of their size it is just prudent portfolio management to take some money off the table .. I think they went in around $2 per share - nice profit for an 8 month wait ...
    ----

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    with a holding of their size it is just prudent portfolio management to take some money off the table .. I think they went in around $2 per share - nice profit for an 8 month wait ...
    Absolutely agree. Good on them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    UBS and other big players continually short and manipulate this stock, it's just a game of cat and mouse to them. PS-BP, they didn't just buy in at $2, they have been buying and selling from around $2 right through.
    Last edited by couta1; 31-08-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    UBS and other big players continually short and manipulate this stock, it's just a game of cat and mouse to them. PS-BP, they didn't just buy in at $2, they have been buying and selling from around $2 right through.
    Sure - I just picked one SSH which came handy ... does not change the story, though.
    ----

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    UBS and other big players continually short and manipulate this stock, it's just a game of cat and mouse to them.
    UBS are the most notorious bunch when it comes to lending the stock for shorting...if they're accumulating I would be more worried as most of it is lent to shorters, but a reduction in holding is a healthy sign for ATM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I made my money by selling too soon. Bernard Baruch
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/q...bar161320.html
    One very valuable quote not mentioned is the TA discipline quote..."Cut your losses short and let your profits run"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    One very valuable quote not mentioned is the TA discipline quote..."Cut your losses short and let your profits run"
    Took profits along the way to keep this one weighted under 50% of my portfolio.

Hindsight's a nightmare...

Default Investor Presentation

Some nutritional information to consume with your morning tea
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/265153.pdf
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine