sharetrader
Page 696 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 19659664668669269369469569669769869970070674679611961696 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,960 of 23755
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Broke into my piggy bank and nibbled a few at $7.10 go up now please

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Broke into my piggy bank and nibbled a few at $7.10 go up now please
    I reckon it’ll end up for the day

You will have done well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Couldn't resist the bargain this morning so doubled down on my holdings at $6.94 just before AUS opened. recovering nicely.

If it can close above the open, say $7.56, that would be a strong technical buy signal.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Haven't seen this on the forum for awhile, but always good as a reminder.

Attachment 9271
    Absolutely. Just wondering in which state we currently are with this stock. Anxiety - or did the denial phase already start?

Discl: used my rocks to sell out and wait on the sidelines until SP represents again fair value.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Has it been through the Milky Way phase already

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Absolutely. Just wondering in which state we currently are with this stock. Anxiety - or did the denial phase already start?

Discl: used my rocks to sell out and wait on the sidelines until SP represents again fair value.
    Somewhere between euphoria and anxiety I reckon

One view from Oz :

https://www.fool.com.au/2017/11/08/w...e-red-today-2/

"The a2 Milk Company Ltd (Australia) (ASX: A2M) share price has continued its decline and is down a further 2% to $6.68. At one stage today the infant formula company’s shares were down as much as 5% as investors continued to take profit ahead of its annual general meeting on November 22. I would stay clear of it until its AGM update."

https://www.fool.com.au/2017/11/01/w...8-lower-today/

Why did its shares sink lower?

With no news out of the company or broker notes to speak of, it is likely that investors have been spooked by a change in substantial holding announced yesterday afternoon.

According to the announcement, Colonial First State Asset Management has trimmed back its holding in the dairy company from a 6.4% stake to a 5.4% stake.

Although no explanation was given for the selling, it is likely that the asset manager has decided to take a bit of profit off the table following its stellar share price gain this year.

After all, a2 Milk’s shares are up well over 250% since the start of the year thanks to impressive sales into the lucrative China market.

Should you buy the dip?

While I think a2 Milk is one of the best buy and hold investment options on the market, I wouldn’t be a buyer at this share price.

At least not until the company has held its annual general meeting later this month. If it fails to deliver a sales update which justifies the recent share price gains, then there’s every chance that its shares could tumble lower.

In light of this, I think the prudent thing to do is to keep your powder dry and wait patiently for its November 22 meeting.

I often disagree with the fool, but I think this time their view is spot on. I will wait for the AGM and buy back when the facts are on the table. Might cost a wee premium if the data are better than the market expected (but hey - how good do they need to be to justify even the current already moderated price), but in my view more likely will save some money.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Apparently pre orders for A2 are going ballistic leading into singles day on the 11th. Hope holders have got their full fireproof kit on in case it gets hot in the kitchen again today.
    Last edited by couta1; 09-11-2017 at 09:44 AM.