sharetrader
Page 748 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 24864869873874474574674774874975075175275879884812481748 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,480 of 23754
    Guru

Fonterra is a bit like Cavalier. The world has moved on and they have yet to realise the fact. Remember that they thought A2 protein was just a passing fad.

The FSF shareholders fund is valued at $10B. Does that essentially mean that is the total size of the company? - or is there more to it than that with a co-op.

Interestingly fonterra discovered a2 vs a1. I asked Theo a few months back about A2 and he said A2 approached fonterra to manufacture their a2 product and he was really keen but others in fonterra were still very against a2. Too me that is missed opportunity for fonterra and the farmers who own the majority of the coop. He also said he felt a2 product lifecycle may be near its end (which I doubt). Seems there is a very anti a2 sentiment in fonterra - as a way to get infant formula into China a2 would have been a lot better that begimate.
    Last edited by NZSilver; 24-01-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    go you good thing - get through $9.15!
    920 beckons .... then 950
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

On another note price come back - will be interesting to see closing price. Think I might sell a few As it's basically at my price target. Still a while to results
    Last edited by NZSilver; 24-01-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    He also said he felt a2 product lifecycle may be near its end (which I doubt)..
    And that's why I'll never be the Big Boss in a company - I reckon A2 is at the beginning of its life cycle

For anyone who missed this infamous quote on the PPH thread this morning that will probably come back to bite me but I'll re-quote it nonetheless. Everyone NEEDS protein, nobody NEEDS an app tp pay their donations at Church. I like investing in needs based business's making real earnings.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-01-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    For anyone who missed this infamous quote on the PPH thread this morning that will probably come back to bite me but I'll re-quote it nonetheless. Everyone NEEDS protein, nobody NEEDS an app tp pay their donations at Church. I like investing in needs based business's making real earnings.
    Indeed, my Church donations are paid via AP and I wouldn't choose any other method.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I am with you on that. In addition - ATM does have real earnings .... the other candidate has just a huge market cap and writing losses ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

its a nice phrase Rog, but nobody needs milk protein or even lactose intolerant protein made by A2. There are always substitutes.

Tho I tend to think digital products eg IT IP , are more easily replicated than physical ones. Hence the 1000 versions of Bitcoin
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....