sharetrader
Page 813 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 31371376380380981081181281381481581681782386391313131813 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,130 of 23752

From a TA perspective if ATM breaks out of the high 12’s , it's likely going into the low 13’s
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    From a TA perspective if ATM breaks out of the high 12’s , it's likely going into the low 13’s
    Classic ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

just dropped 24c ($13.14 to $12.90) on only $130k of volume, pre-Oz open... that's unusual.. some news out? now $12.75 bid, $12.89 offered..

Quote Originally Posted by gbogo View Post
    just dropped 24c ($13.14 to $12.90) on only $130k of volume, pre-Oz open... that's unusual.. some news out? now $12.75 bid, $12.89 offered..
    trump announced another 100 billion in tarrifs
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    trump announced another 100 billion in tarrifs
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/05/trum...-products.html

He's no better than a 2 year old playing in a sandpit. What does he expect that the other child will do when you throw more sand in his face ?
    This is beyond ludicrous and risks undermining investment sentiment globally. How do companies make capex investment decisions in this climate ?
    If you're a major industrial company in the U.S. looking at some XYZ new capital project you're simply going to put any project which might be impacted on ice.
    Business confidence erodes and then so does consumer confidence.
    Its very frustrating for everyone. He calls all this just normal negotiations and the art of a deal but I think he seriously risks destabilizing investment markets globally.
    Investors will only tolerate this sort of thing for so long before heading for the exits.
    Personally I am very glad to have a bob each way on the market and have just over 50% in cash and it will be staying that way for the foreseeable future.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

ATM going into the MCSI NZ Index ..at expense of FBU ha ha

Thatll get the price up to $15 sooner than we thought

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12027151
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Perhaps this is the wrong forum for this question but perhaps Beagle you could provide some insight. My limited view in the China, US trade war is that this could benefit the likes of A2 and Synlait? US exports to China incur tarifs while NZ exports to China don't. Gives NZ the edge over US products into China?
    Ignorant view I hold?

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    Perhaps this is the wrong forum for this question but perhaps Beagle you could provide some insight. My limited view in the China, US trade war is that this could benefit the likes of A2 and Synlait? US exports to China incur tarifs while NZ exports to China don't. Gives NZ the edge over US products into China?
    Ignorant view I hold?
    Don't want to steel Beagles thunder, but yes any US/China Trade Wars could benefit NZ coys due to NZ's existing Free Trade agreement with China. ATM is 'well positioned.' Sssooo like you I'm holding and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ATM going into the MCSI NZ Index ..at expense of FBU ha ha

Thatll get the price up to $15 sooner than we thought

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12027151
    I'm on record on the FBU thread when the SP was close to $8 asking why anyone would even pay $5 a share for that flea ridden mutt. Was a pretty outrageous thing to say a few months ago but I think the sink hole FBU have created for itself may have quite some way to go yet. USPP noteholders have been known to play hardball before. If they're forced to do a capital raise in this environment I would think it would have to be at a deep discount to the current SP to gather enough support.
    One or two fund managers are on record on NBR saying they think on a fundamental basis despite the recent correction FBU is still expensive. http://www.4-traders.com/FLETCHER-BU...49/financials/ This probably the wrong thread to debate this but average analyst forecast for FY19 is about 61 cps. I don't think they'll make that and I'm more in the ~ 50 cps zone. Why would you pay more than 8 times that given the fundamental uncertainty overhanging this serial underperforming cyclical company ? Headed all the way down to $4 perhaps ?
    Yes a change to MSCI index looks almost certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    Ignorant view I hold?
    I wouldn't necessarily say that a trade war is good for anyone in terms of the share prices, (there's a pretty strong correlation between U.S. share prices and N.Z. share prices) but in a business sense yes it could be mildly beneficial for ATM and Synlait. I think the trick for all of us is to try and ignore whatever the latest political tantrum is about and focus on the growth. We got an update late April last year from ATM so I am hoping for another one this time around later this month too and then the MSCI index announcement in mid May, which is effected on 1 June. Should be a good couple of months coming up (barring some major exogenous shock).
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-04-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Once investors recognize outstanding companies with no debt or low debt and lot of cash, there will be great demand for their stocks. Cash rich beauties have a long journey. Food sector is one of the growing sectors in the Asia-pacific region.New food trends are also growing in Asia.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 08-04-2018 at 08:14 PM.