sharetrader
Page 816 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 31671676680681281381481581681781881982082686691613161816 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,160 of 23752
    Guru

Also whether Aussies take note of a tinpot fund manager in NZ

Investor

Oh dear...another week and another gashed up article in the coveted Herald. ATM is used to this kind of media bashing for years and this isn't new. And every time a negative article appears it galvanises itself much stronger.

Yes agreed Nestle is bigger and has stronger moat in Dairy industry, however that doesn't necessarily translate into any guarantees with new product offerings more so likes of A1 free milk products. If its so easy make a dent into that mouth watering Chinese market, so many companies could've done by now. And they definitely cannot match the quality of A2 milk from clean and greener pastures like NZ.

They (Nestle) have a very very long way to go before they can make any material impact on ATM's growth.

http://www.afr.com/markets/a2-and-cs...0180405-h0ydfk

In todays AFR ... big aussie fund says a2 expensive

The A2 Milk Company and CSL's stock valuations are too high, according to Perpetual Investments portfolio manager Garry Laurence, who says that investors looking for a business of similar calibre can buy cheaper equivalents overseas

Read more: http://www.afr.com/markets/a2-and-cs...#ixzz5C7odvC9z
    Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook
    Last edited by bull....; 09-04-2018 at 10:06 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I don't think a comparison with Apple is relevant.
    How much design goes into the ATM product?

PS - Apple isn't doing as well as they were.
    Apple is doing just fine and has 1.3 billion devices using their operating system. They are growing top and bottom line so I'm not sure how they are not doing as well as they once were - but there are many doubters and you don't have to look too far to find them.

A2 is a milk company and they have a golden opportunity to grow their brand and presence before the market catches up. I don't see them as a take over target Couts... I may be wrong... but if I was a giant, I would put $10B into marketing and launching an in house product before I would buy A2. If you bought A2, what exactly would you be buying? I just don't see anyone coming up with $10B or $20B to take over A2, thats mega money.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    http://www.afr.com/markets/a2-and-cs...0180405-h0ydfk

In todays AFR ... big aussie fund says a2 expensive
    HaHa, like I was saying, probably hoping to load up on cheap shares.

Advanced Member

I laugh about these advisors. Some really are plucking figures out of the sky for valuations. You only have to look at 4-traders to find that some companies have 5 different brokers giving 5 different opinions on everything. The market dictates the price and the advisors are left guessing what the sp should be. Of course using your own mind is what matters and what sort of investment type of person you are. I am a 5 year investor so I don’t worry about the ups and downs and I do see this share worth more in the next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    HaHa, like I was saying, probably hoping to load up on cheap shares.
    Yeap mate there's no surprises that under-performing fund managers who don't hold are beating like calves lost from their mothers looking for a feed of nutritious A2 Milk
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I don't think we need to worry too much about Nestle. Given the fact Dairy Farm still use "A2" label on its products, I can see "A2" word won't be exclusive used by ATM any longer. Maybe its patent has expired. However, ATM has built strong foundation in the major markets, especially in Aus and China, and it is the creator of "A2" milk.

For rivals like
    Nestle, it has launched "A2" products but it's hard to promote the "A2" is a better one as it still has large range of products including A1. If it said A2 is better, its products including A1 would suffer. If it didn't promote A2, just launch "A2" products, then it would actually do marketing for "A2" which ATM is a beneficiary. Because if A2 is not better, why should it launch A2 only products?

Agree Nestle and Fonterra for that matter face a marketing conundrum with A2. How to promote A2 as the future without undermining their core business ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

surely A2 is able to be promoted as for those with lactose intolerance , which doesn't say anything bad about A1