sharetrader
Page 825 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 32572577581582182282382482582682782882983587592513251825 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,250 of 23755

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    I agree, its very hard to come to any other view. Makes investing a bit easier.
    There was so much love for ATM at our February 2018 Auckland meeting from almost everyone there when they were ~ $9 I bought more as soon as the market opened on Monday thinking all those bright minds there can't possibly all be wrong
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    There was so much love for ATM at our February 2018 Auckland meeting from almost everyone there when they were ~ $9 I bought more as soon as the market opened on Monday thinking all those bright minds there can't possibly all be wrong
    Anyone at the meeting dare to bag A2 as a passing fad?

Membaa

Keep an eye on the 50EMA for a reliable (so far) support, for accumulation or buying opportunity. Currently bouncing off it again after range trading since the late Feb spike. Not a silver bullet by itself but clue #1 on the chart.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    No, on the contrary there was so much love for it I'm surprised everyone wasn't ordering A2 milk based cocktails lol.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

As Beagle mentioned above, a lot of love for ATM. It was not your typical discussion about a company, were there was talk about potential and caution.
    If one had to give a reason to be cautions with A2M then "a passing fad" is likely all we can come up with at this stage.
    However the fact that Fonterra and Nestle getting involved makes this feel that A2 is more than a fad.

Instant dismissal if one bad word muttered
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

You've got to admire the way they quietly keep evolving their product mix...with the latest little gem buried in a nice understaed way, (as usual) deep down in the South Korean launch article about a new variety of A2 infant milk powder blended with N.Z. sourced manuka honey.

Lets think about the impact of this for a minute.
    This further differentiates their product from the likes of Nestle and others.
    Suppose you are Mr and Mrs comfortably well off Chinese parents. Why wouldn't you buy the best product infused with the legendary manuka honey for your little prince and princess ?
    Mercedes-Benz are doing massive business in China, why ? Because people think they make the best cars in the world and there's a lot of wealth in China. (Whether they are the best brand is quite another argument but I am simply giving the illustration of how wealthy Chinese customers are acting to emphasize the importance of this new manuka honey blended infant formula).

I think we could see a very astute play here where A2's platinum IF becomes the one infused with manuka honey and the gold standard becomes the one not blended, or perhaps the other way around depending upon whether their market research indicates people think Gold is more prestigious than Platinum.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You've got to admire the way they quietly keep evolving their product mix...with the latest little gem buried in a nice understaed way, (as usual) deep down in the South Korean launch article about a new variety of A2 infant milk powder blended with N.Z. sourced manuka honey.

Lets think about the impact of this for a minute.
    This further differentiates their product from the likes of Nestle and others.
    Suppose you are Mr and Mrs comfortably well off Chinese parents. Why wouldn't you buy the best product infused with the legendary manuka honey for your little prince and princess ?
    Mercedes-Benz are doing massive business in China, why ? Because people think they make the best cars in the world and there's a lot of wealth in China. (Whether they are the best brand is quite another argument but I am simply giving the illustration of how wealthy Chinese customers are acting to emphasize the importance of this new manuka honey blended infant formula).

I think we could see a very astute play here where A2's platinum IF becomes the one infused with manuka honey and the gold standard becomes the one not blended, or perhaps the other way around depending upon whether their market research indicates people think Gold is more prestigious than Platinum.
    Agree Beagle this was a very interesting development in the release. And as you friend Ogg says on a different thread, ATM may be a potential buyer of CVT :-)

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Agree Beagle this was a very interesting development in the release. And as you friend Ogg says on a different thread, ATM may be a potential buyer of CVT :-)
    I wouldn't think so iceman.

Why would ATM want to buy out whole of a manuka honey making company, just so that they can add that as one of the ingredients in a new range of product. Would they not be better off leaving that in the capable hands of their cornerstone manufacture SML to source it for them as part of their supply chain process?

Not really sure about the nutritional desiribility of adding sugar (honey) to infant formula. But I'm sure they will have that covered.