sharetrader
Page 827 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 32772777781782382482582682782882983083183787792713271827 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,270 of 23753
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    No-one at the $12.75 station so straight on through to 10,000 waiting at $12.80. And efficiently picked up
    Nice to see the SP holding well today... trending above the mid $12.50 zone. Maybe the market is anticipating an update soon?

Another factor may be a recent CNBC report quoting a Danone source saying demand for its IF was up MORE than 50% (FY18YTD). How this translates to A2 remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What’s this amateur hour you guys talk about?

I bought some more at open this morning .....does that make me an ‘ amateur’
    Amateur Hours are plus and minus 1 hour from when I buy FYI

Apparently there was quite a lot of short interest last week. I think they must be starting to cover their positions now as we have a number of events / announcements in the short term that could see them absolutely hammered if they don't.
    In my opinion these include the probability / strong probability of
    1. A very strong market update late April updating sales for Jan- March and possible annual forecast, (as per last year)
    2. 14 May Announcement of MSCI index inclusion leading to some institutions and retail holders positioning themselves, (buying in late May) for the inclusion adjustment process effective date 1 June
    3. Index inclusion on 1 June which is the date any index tracking fund that tracks the MSCI must buy in.
    4. A further market Update in mid-late June as they did last year

Then we have the annual result to look forward too after that.

Why anyone would want to hold a short position and try and swim against that strong incoming tide of positivity is beyond my comprehension.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-04-2018 at 04:25 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Apparently there was quite a lot of short interest last week. I think they must be starting to cover their positions now as we have a number of events / announcements in the short term that could see them absolutely hammered if they don't.
    In my opinion these include the probability / strong probability of
    1. A very strong market update late April updating sales for Jan- March and possible annual forecast, (as per last year)
    2. 14 May Announcement of MSCI index inclusion leading to some institutions and retail holders positioning themselves, (buying in late May) for the inclusion adjustment process effective date 1 June
    3. Index inclusion on 1 June which is the date any index tracking fund that tracks the MSCI must buy in.
    4. A further market Update in mid-late June as they did last year

Then we have the annual result to look forward too after that.

Why anyone would want to hold a short position and try and swim against that strong incoming tide of positivity is beyond my comprehension.
    Shorts got absolutely crushed by the HY+Fonterra deal from 4% of the float down to a low of 0.09% which coincided with the top of around $14.
    Without the shorts this never would have reached $14 so quickly... shorts are everything when it comes to a2's event driven rallies and the next legs up.
    I sure hope they stay around... we don't want to chase them away now, let them make a little bit of profit on the cool off periods and frantically cover on good news.

A2M.PNG
    Last edited by hardt; 19-04-2018 at 06:18 PM.

It seems that the market expects faster earnings growth from ATM-NZ than from its peers and also a turnaround in its current ROE. It has an impressive ROE. Those factors may be reason for trading at a very high P/E ratio. According to the P/E ratio it is overvalued but growth players and technical players have become bullish.

Farmers work with animal nutritionists to make sure that their cows are given a healthy and nutritious diet. Milk is full of vitamin A and D, calcium and protein, and is a part of a healthy and balanced diet. Dairy cows require a lot of energy to make delicious and nutritious milk. Cows eat a mixture of grass hay, alfalfa hay, grains as well as corn and grass silage.

Are they readily available in NZ?

According to OECD FAO agricultural outlook,

Future growth in crop production is expected be obtained through higher yields - 90 percent of the increase in maize production is expected to come from increased yields and just 10 percent from area expansion. Global food commodity prices are expected to remain low over the next decade compared to previous peaks. Demand growth in a number of emerging economies is expected to slow down.

India is expected to be the most populous country by 2026. India is projected to account for 42 percent of the increase in global milk production over the coming decade to meet their rising per capita consumption levels for milk.

Agricultural trade is expected to remain more resilient to economic downturns than other sectors.Globally, per capita food demand for cereals is anticipated to be largely flat. Growth only expected in the world’s least developed countries.Additional calories and protein are expected to come mainly from vegetable oil, sugar and dairy products.

Growth in meat and dairy production will be achieved from both larger herds and higher output per animal. Growth in poultry production accounts for almost half of total meat production expansion over the decade, while milk production is expected to increase compared with the previous decade, mainly in India and Pakistan.

Net exports are expected to increase from the Americas, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, while net imports are expected to increase across other Asian and African countries. Prices of agricultural commodities are subject to considerable volatility.

Advanced Member

Not many buyers this morning. Am at the head of the queue at the moment.
    Last edited by see weed; 24-04-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Not many buyers this morning. Am at the head of the que at the moment.
    Maybe you are offering too much ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Maybe you are offering too much ;
    Something smells fishy around here. Have 3000 to buy, started at 12.51 and every time I move it up 1c somebody else moves theirs up 1c at exactly the same time. So I moved it up 2c, same thing happened. Would it be ASB playing silly bug...s? Is someone at ASB buying ATM and putting their order above ours every time? If this is happening to me, it could be also happening to you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Something smells fishy around here. Have 3000 to buy, started at 12.51 and every time I move it up 1c somebody else moves theirs up 1c at exactly the same time. So I moved it up 2c, same thing happened. Would it be ASB playing silly bug...s? Is someone at ASB buying ATM and putting their order above ours every time? If this is happening to me, it could be also happening to you.
    This stock is the Game of Thrones, there are a big mix of shakers and movers playing games at any given time.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    This stock is the Game of Thrones, there are a big mix of shakers and movers playing games at any given time.
    Would say someone at ASB could be doing something? They may be reading this thread, because the order went through at 12.65c a couple of minutes after last comment.