sharetrader
Page 844 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 34474479483484084184284384484584684784885489494413441844 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,440 of 23755
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nzsharetrade View Post
    could you provide more details for newbie like me?
    If Mr Beagle would be so kind to attatch the info page I sent him a while back, that would be good? PS-I must learn how to do that.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nzsharetrade View Post
    could you provide more details for newbie like me?
    As a starter:

The MSCI world index, which is part of the modern index strategy, is a broad global equity index that represents large and mid-cap equity performance across 23 developed markets countries. It covers about 85% of the free float-adjusted market capitalisation in each country.
    The MSCI world index does not offer exposure to emerging markets.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    If Mr Beagle would be so kind to attatch the info page I sent him a while back, that would be good? PS-I must learn how to do that.
    Yes, many thanks for that info you emailed me.
    I'll see what I can do a little later on today.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    As a starter:

The MSCI world index, which is part of the modern index strategy, is a broad global equity index that represents large and mid-cap equity performance across 23 developed markets countries. It covers about 85% of the free float-adjusted market capitalisation in each country.
    The MSCI world index does not offer exposure to emerging markets.
    Thanks for your reply, I understand what the MSCI is but dont understand "A2 will have about 30% of the total pie once added which means the other constituents are going to have to be sold down to keep the pie at 100%, should be a few bargins available on May 31st." I could not believe the total pie is the entire MSCI.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes, many thanks for that info you emailed me.
    I'll see what I can do a little later on today.
    Thanks mate, basically nzsharetrade,MCY had a 6.55% weighting in the NZ index, A2 will replace it with an approximate 30% weighting, to keep the pie at 100% some serious reshuffling needs to occur(The NZ pie is made up of 7 constituents or slices) Currently FPH has the biggest slice of the pie at 22.26%.
    Last edited by couta1; 15-05-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    At least the inclusion into that index will support the share price for a bit longer .....will hide how overvalued it is
    Are you going fishing for a bite on a Tuesday morning Winner? Most here as bit too one-eyed with profit to see it!

Thanks mate, basically nzsharetrade,MCY had a 6.55% weighting in the NZ index, A2 will replace it with an approximate 30% weighting, to keep the pie at 100% some serious reshuffling needs to occur(The NZ pie is made up of 7 constituents or slices) Currently FPH has the biggest slice of the pie at 22.26%.
    So SPK FPH AIA RYM FBU MEL share prices could come under pressure in next few weeks
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

As I see it with the market cap of ATM it will go to the head of the list and the others will all come down a bit with Mercury falling out.
    That's how I have observed these things playing out before. Its not just the change of ATM and Mercury, the others get reweighted as well which as discussed could throw up an interesting buying opportunity.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-05-2018 at 10:14 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No worries mate I managed to convert it into a link
    http:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/...land-index.pdf
    As I see it with the market cap of ATM it will go to the head of the list and the others will all come down a bit with Mercury falling out.
    That's how I have observed these things playing out before. Its not just the change of ATM and Mercury, the others get reweighted as well which as discussed could throw up an interesting buying opportunity.
    That's a local link to your personal computer, you would need to provide a link that others can access (where the data is hosted online).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So SPK FPH AIA RYM FBU MEL share prices could come under pressure in next few weeks
    More so on May 31st I reckon.