sharetrader
Page 845 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 34574579583584184284384484584684784884985589594513451845 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,450 of 23754

TOP 7 CONSTITUENTS
    Float Adj Mkt Cap ( USD Billions)
    Index Wt. (%)
    Sector
    FISHER & PAYKEL HEALTH 5.43 22.26 Health Care SPARK NEW ZEALAND 4.42 18.11 Telecom Srvcs AUCKLAND INTL AIRPORT 4.23 17.33 Industrials RYMAN HEALTHCARE 3.06 12.52 Health Care FLETCHER BUILDING 3.03 12.42 Materials MERIDIAN ENERGY 2.64 10.81 Utilities MERCURY NZ 1.60 6.55 Utilities Total 24.41 100.00

I tried posting an image of what Couta1 sent me and had a bit of trouble as noted by Investor. hopefully the above will give people the info they need.
    I believe the float adjusted market cap removes major shareholdings that are locked up.
    Anyway if we look at FPH by way of example its float adjusted market cap is $5.43b and constitutes 22.26% of the MSCI N.Z. index. I believe this and the other constituents will decline such that they are reweighted to take into account ATM's float adjusted market cap which is probably bigger than any other share here.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-05-2018 at 10:22 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thanks couta1 and Beagle. I got this.

Its so good that A2 market cap is so so huge ......an inordinate amount of buying necessary

Punting on index inclusions isn’t really “Investing” is it ...never mind as long as the share price goes to $14.60 and beyond and sets new all time highs
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Its so good that A2 market cap is so so huge ......an inordinate amount of buying necessary

Punting on index inclusions isn’t really “Investing” is it ...never mind as long as the share price goes to $14.60 and beyond and sets new all time highs
    It is investing but its index investing. I think you are dead right that there is going to be an inordinate amount of buying in the lead up to this change and especially on 31 May itself in the last 15 minutes closing match process. Could be a LOT of selling going on too with the existing constituents, especially Mercury exiting the index.
    Disc: I topped up with some more ATM this morning.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-05-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It is investing but its index investing. I think you are dead right that there is going to be an inordinate amount of buying in the lead up to this change and especially on 31 May itself in the last 15 minutes closing match process. Could be a LOT of selling going on too with the existing constituents, especially Mercury exiting the index.
    Disc: I topped up with some more ATM this morning.
    If / when ATM share price weakens after June 1st the MSCI NZ Index might not be a good place to be ...underperform v the World

Never mind ..as long as it heads to 15 bucks from here

If / when ATM share price weakens after June 1st the MSCI NZ Index might not be a good place to be ...underperform v the World

Never mind ..as long as it heads to 15 bucks from here
    Its been a while since we had a trading update but I believe ATM is on a forward PE for FY19 in the mid-late 20's which is very good value relative to other top N.Z. companies most of which have been growing at a much slower pace. In my opinion the key with this stock (or any other growth stock for that matter) is to have a vision for five years down the track of how the company will be performing. I'd be very surprised if the SP doesn't double within 5 years, probably MUCH EARLIER.

If you have enough of these potential double your money in five years opportunities some will do much better than that and others not achieve expectations but overall one's portfolio will do extremely well. Stocks that I think are highly likely to double in the next five years include ATM, SML, SUM, OCA and RYM. The common theme with those is the sustained ongoing growth in profits I expect all of them to enjoy.
    Disc: Looking for an opportunity to get back into RYM at some stage soon.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-05-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzsharetrade View Post
    is there another thread to discuss IPO Keytone Dairy Corporation ASX:KTD ? i did a search but did not find it. today is the last day to register.
    Well, this is definitely not the right thread to do that. Why don't you create one under ASX?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It is investing but its index investing. .

it's not proper investing ....its gambling ....or taking a punt ...but on a certainty

it's not proper investing ....its gambling ....or taking a punt ...but on a certainty
    Like the jockey just instantly shed 20 kg's of weight isn't it mate As long as the horse doesn't go lame we're winners.

P.S. Looks like a bit of buy the rumor sell the fact, can't say I'm entirely surprised with such an incredible amount of media attention about this index change.

Really need a company update confirming stellar growth this half to date to fire this up.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-05-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

So why did it go down today?