sharetrader
Page 870 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 37077082086086686786886987087187287387488092097013701870 ... LastLast
Results 8,691 to 8,700 of 23754
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I dont understand the machines - where are they able to pick off the small trades from?
    From any weak hands(Mainly retail holders) Automated trading systems don't have any emotion but create fear in holders by driving the price down and forcing them to sell as well as triggering stop losses, they can also work simultaneously on both sides of the market.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    From any weak hands(Mainly retail holders) Automated trading systems don't have any emotion but create fear in holders by driving the price down and forcing them to sell as well as triggering stop losses, they can also work simultaneously on both sides of the market.
    It is the same tactic traders use to bully people on betfair. Put in big sell orders just above current price and all the nervous small players jump in front and sell, creates its own momentum, then the big player suddenly switches sides and buys up big at the lower price, and repeats the scenario on the way up. Basically herding all the small sheep.

It easier in stocks as they know where all the stop losses are and that the small sheep are all watching the popular moving averages etc, so they force the price below them creating a technical sell that tricks all the amateurs. It the reason many small traders now have such a hard time, they are manipulated by machines
    Last edited by ratkin; 21-05-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    It is the same tactic traders use to bully people on betfair. Put in big sell orders just above current price and all the nervous small players jump in front and sell, creates its own momentum, then the big player suddenly switches sides and buys up big at the lower price, and repeats the scenario on the way up. Basically herding all the small sheep.

It easier in stocks as they know where all the stop losses are and that the small sheep are all watching the popular moving averages etc, so they force the price below them creating a technical sell that tricks all the amateurs. It the reason many small traders now have such a hard time, they are manipulated by machines
    So so pleased I am not a trader !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    So so pleased I am not a trader !
    That update last week was just what the terminators were waiting for, perfect opportunity to terminate retail sheep.

That update last week was just what the terminators were waiting for, perfect opportunity to terminate retail sheep.
    Dog's are on too those Terminators if my memory serves me correctly from the Terminator movie series
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

The retail sheep should stop running with the herd for a minute and ask themselves, does a very small reduction in anticipated earnings guidance warrant a $3 SP drop in 1 week? A reduction due to the need to clear out old labels,lol. PS-Reduction will most probably be even smaller come full year announcement time.

Advanced Member

The retail sheep should stop running with the herd for a minute and ask themselves, does a very small reduction in anticipated earnings guidance warrant a $3 SP drop in 1 week? A reduction due to the need to clear out old labels,lol. PS-Reduction will most probably be even smaller come full year announcement time.
    Of course A2 have a habit of beating their forecasts and maintain a more conservative approach...... I agree that people are panicking a little too much. I am happy to keep holding!!

Was just over $13 so a $2 drop to be fair mate but yes I agree 100% with the gist of what you've said.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Was just over $13 so a $2 drop to be fair mate but yes I agree 100% with the gist of what you've said.
    Yeah, around $2.40ish, although the weekly trading spread is $3.21 which tells the true story of the Terminators.
    Last edited by couta1; 21-05-2018 at 03:55 PM.

On the doghouse

The retail sheep should stop running with the herd for a minute and ask themselves, does a very small reduction in anticipated earnings guidance warrant a $3 SP drop in 1 week?
    Perhaps you need to ask yourself Couta, why every time the share price goes up your belief in the company and its future is reinforced, whereas every time the share price goes down it is an irrational overblown counter-reaction.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7