sharetrader
Page 878 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 37877882886887487587687787887988088188288892897813781878 ... LastLast
Results 8,771 to 8,780 of 23754
    Advanced Member

The hands are becoming weaker, hanging by fingertips from the top of the precipice.

havnt even had the capitulation fall yet
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    havnt even had the capitulation fall yet
    Bull you seem to love downramping and adding to holders pain,no one knows where the bottom is or exactly when it will bounce. Have you not got better things to do?

This is painful to watch.. my brain tells me this is to do with index but the 20% loss is making me quite emotional..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    some heavy shorting happening 10m shares shorted over 4 days wow someone thinks something is very wrong?
    No quite the opposite, the big boys are accumulating.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    This is painful to watch.. my brain tells me this is to do with index but the 20% loss is making me quite emotional..
    Hold firm, the darkest hour comes before dawn, think where the SP will be a year from now,$20 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Could it be the MSCI index shorting it?
    No. The "index" doesn't buy, sell or hold any stock. Passive Fund Managers do have to buy or sell stock (rebalance) so that their portfolios match the index, and this can be particularly obvious when index components change eg each quarter.

Its important to have a vision for where one sees a share going in the years ahead. I seriously doubt it will be $20 one year hence from now but even if it takes 4-5 years I'm quite relaxed about that. We have rumors of China completely relaxing its child policy which is great for overall market growth, Nestle trying to commence A2 sales which according to Harbour's analyst, (and I am inclined to agree), is great for the expansion of A2's share of the overall infant formula market and not to forget product development to look forward too, (A2 cheese, yogurt, e.t.c.) with supply expansion assisted by the Fonterra agreement as well as Synlait's expansion in Pokeno.

Sometimes I confess after several down days I get a bit down myself but I remind myself that with investment it is usually best to focus on the long game and think about where the stock is likely to be 4-5 years from now. If one holds a well diversified portfolio that includes some really good dividend payers as well as quite a number of stocks that could double in the next 4-5 years, chances are some of the growth stocks will triple or quadruple and overall ones portfolio will look extremely good five years down the track as well as paying a good average dividend yield along the way....(well that is what I tell myself and it helps me sleep at night).

Holding for a long period of time has always been the best strategy with ATM in the past and I for one will go with that for the future. I continue to believe a FY19 PE of around 28 is not expensive and the prospects for SP appreciation in the years ahead are very good.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-05-2018 at 12:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I have managed to convince myself that Fund managers are driving Index new entrant (eg ATM and SML) prices down to accumulate as many as possible pre 31 May. After this they will have to pay fair price and we will see the rockets back in orbit again.

Guru

This share, or rather the reaction here to the price gyrations, is fascinating to watch.
    Many here believe that the company only has good times ahead and will grow to something really big.
    If you believe that then why the angst when the market price goes down when there is no real news?
    Just buy more on sale and let the good times roll.
    If you aren't in the market for more shares then stop looking!
    Just listen to the news and if anything smells like a change in direction of the winds of fortune for the company then take note and act accordingly.
    What the market does to the price doesn't really matter - unless, of course, you aren't really sure about the company