sharetrader
Page 879 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 37977982986987587687787887988088188288388992997913791879 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,790 of 23752

The above theory might be all very well if one assumes we all have stimulating day jobs that enthrall us every minute of the day. If that was the case we probably wouldn't have much of a forum lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The above theory might be all very well if one assumes we all have stimulating day jobs that enthrall us every minute of the day. If that was the case we probably wouldn't have much of a forum lol
    Exactly,if it wasn't for around a dozen or so posters on here, the place would be a graveyard.Would be great if others made the time to contribute and some of those many watching guests joined up and also contributed. PS-I'm in a similar situation to Beagle having been in the same work for 30 yrs now.

Guru

Don't forget that this next years profit will be impacted in a positive manner by the falling N Z dollar.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    havnt even had the capitulation fall yet
    Thats the one im hoping for, jumping in before then smacks of knife catching. On the other hand
    it may just stabilise and start going back up

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Money flow indicater has been positive and increasing all day. Indicates buying pressure, yet price shows the opposite. The machines are winning! (Thats on the ASX, NZX is a mess of Lemmings)
    Last edited by t.rexjr; 23-05-2018 at 01:25 PM.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Don't forget that this next years profit will be impacted in a positive manner by the falling N Z dollar.
    And in a negative manner by the rising milk payout price.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

I missed the initial rise due to lack of funds at the right time. Now with the latest dip I’m having a more thorough look. Seems like a pretty attractive business, with the incredible growth of 60%+ helping with that.

My initial thought is that ATM needs to grow significantly to justify the price. Obviously the growth is happening but growing sales into the multiple billions is going to involve a lot of work. I’m amazed that a company that sells physical products can grow so quickly.

How long can this growth rate really be sustained? How risky is doing business in China when much of their growth is coming from there? There are are so many questions about this company that are only going to be answered with time.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    Money flow indicater has been positive and increasing all day. Indicates buying pressure, yet price shows the opposite. The machines are winning! (Thats on the ASX, NZX is a mess of Lemmings)
    This made me laugh. Thanks we all need these laughs

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    PS-I'm in a similar situation to Beagle having been in the same work for 30 yrs now.
    30 years? Is that all - coming up for 41 myself.
    While the forum help to while away the hours watching the pot boil doesn't help.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by gbogo View Post
    No. The "index" doesn't buy, sell or hold any stock. Passive Fund Managers do have to buy or sell stock (rebalance) so that their portfolios match the index, and this can be particularly obvious when index components change eg each quarter.
    Thanks for clarifying