sharetrader
Page 882 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 38278283287287887988088188288388488588689293298213821882 ... LastLast
Results 8,811 to 8,820 of 23754

Quote Originally Posted by gbogo View Post
    I found this on short-selling on the ASX. My read is, that there has been a slight increase recently. Interesting to see that there was definitely short-covering in the original break up through $10, as there are almost no shorts left after that.
    Attachment 9689

the last 7 days has been 12m shares shorted roughly , someone taking a very big bearish view?
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    I’ve read countless posts here on ST about how investors should never try to catch falling knives. Now that ATM is falling, the only posts I am seeing are from people describing the beautiful knives they have caught or will soon catch.
    Generally those falling knives have been triggered by really bad news - not so in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    I’ve read countless posts here on ST about how investors should never try to catch falling knives. Now that ATM is falling, the only posts I am seeing are from people describing the beautiful knives they have caught or will soon catch.
    It's giving me Déjà of when AIR dropped under $2, lots of cut up hands that have now fully healed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    I have ignored Bull before, at considerable expense.
    He has also been wrong e.g. SPK going to $2.70 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Bull you seem to love downramping and adding to holders pain,no one knows where the bottom is or exactly when it will bounce. Have you not got better things to do?
    just reading whats happening really, thats all and trying to guess where it might go nothing more. if i could pinpoint exact prices lol i wouldnt be on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    I have ignored Bull before, at considerable expense.
    That might be your experience but I have often found myself on the other side of the ledger with bull to my considerable profit.
    Objectively removing your or my own opinion the fact of the matter is bull is currently in 139th position out of 170 contestants in the 2018 sharemarket competition.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    That might be your experience but I have often found myself on the other side of the ledger with bull to my considerable profit.
    Objectively removing your or my own opinion the fact of the matter is bull is currently in 139th position out of 170 contestants in the 2018 sharemarket competition.
    im a trader most of the time not an investor so i wouldnt follow my picks in any investing contest. by the way at the start of the contest after the first mth i think i was 3rd and then as usual my picks fall away

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Bull you seem to love downramping and adding to holders pain,no one knows where the bottom is or exactly when it will bounce. Have you not got better things to do?
    I thought it was quite a refreshing contrast to the recent posts which have come across as speculative and emotionally founded.

come on, Beagle.. I might not have entered that competition if I knew it was going to be used to add / subtract credibility from every post! As it happens, I used a deliberate high-beta strategy in the comp, meaning that i picked high-risk stocks which could all fall to zero, but had some chance of a lottery payoff. I could do that in the comp, because there was no $$ at stake. I wouldn't do that in real life with my money or any money I was managing.

My real life portfolio is sitting on 23.1% which would put me in 7th place - and I wouldn't trust my word at all.