sharetrader
Page 886 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 38678683687688288388488588688788888989089693698613861886 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,860 of 23753
    Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Snoopy's list could have been more convincing if he had added 1. A major Middle Eastern war. 2.Trump or Kim Jon push a nuke button. 3. A large meteorite striking earth. 4.The current Govt get a second term.
    The thing is, that list of Snoop Doggs is exactly what the big boys want in the news when driving a price down.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Or Synthetic milk. ATM's point of difference is that it doesn't have the A1 protein. Am I missing something or would this point of difference would mean little if synthetic milks become mainstream. The article below suggests that the availability of synthetic milks could be as few as two years away.
    https://agrihq.co.nz/#
    Wouldnt that be something, Milk with no need for any cows. NZ would be in a bad way, farmers would all have to grow Maorijuana

still dropping... now $2 dollars lower than when I sold...PE still inflated and this may well be the trading share of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Perhaps you guys need to listen to the news a bit more?

1/ Mycoplasma Bovis now it appears has been spread by feeding surplus milk on one farm to calves on another. No tracking records have been entered on the NAIT system for these milk movements. This could be extremely serious in disrupting milk supplies.

2/ Fonterra gives first forecast 2019 year of $7/kgMS, That is about 10% higher than some analysts expected, and will flow directly into higher value processed product input costs, like A2's baby formula,

3/ China President Xi Jinping reminding the world stage that he can influence any prospective meeting between Kim Jon Ung and Donald Trump. Kim Jon Ung has gone cool on the proposed Trump meeting since his second meeting with President Xi, who doesn't want a united Western style Korean Democracy on his doorstep This is a reminder to the world that China is a command economy that will always ensure local interests ('Mengniu A1 free childrens milk') are not put out by foreign interlopers (like A2).

These are three things that could significantly affect ATM going forwards that have come to light over the last three or four days. Yet all the ATM believers seem completely blind to it all! I find that amazing.

SNOOPY
    It is some news sure, but not the news that would cause such a fall.
    1) m Bovis. Very small number of herds affected and does not affect milk. Now it is A1 and M Bovis Free milk,
    2) Increased product demand and margin improvement sees greater farm gate payout.
    3) A command economy with citizens who will go to any lengths (emptying foreign land supermarket shelves) to get a premium product

That said I accept the news is a useful way of stimulating worry in the short term

ASX closed A2M at $9.30 or $10.16 so we can expect more action today. I've got my hand out for more at $10.00

Dilettante

Westland Milk considering producing A2 products https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12056492

Advanced Member

Assumption here is that big boys are driving down the price with a view to driving it back up.
    What if it is just normal sell off due to underwhelming result, general news, technical selling charts,
    overinflated P/E, increasing headwinds in the future, etc etc

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Oh the joys of owning shares in a 'high growth' company!
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Assumption here is that big boys are driving down the price with a view to driving it back up.
    What if it is just normal sell off due to underwhelming result, general news, technical selling charts,
    All reasons quite possible. But its not all about today. Its about the end of the year and where it will be in 5 years. I'm happy with my money going into the long term view. (but also expecting a lift at the end of the month!)

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    That’s how I see it as well

PE contraction hurts ....and it’s stsrting to happen across the market just as some predicted in January
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”