sharetrader
Page 911 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 411811861901907908909910911912913914915921961101114111911 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,110 of 23753

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I see Snoopy's target is still in there ....but don't laugh because he might get the last laugh

All still on the high side ...but median looking more realistic bearing in mind it is target so should be 10%-15% less at this point in time

So under $10 looks about right ....just shows you outrageous the $13/$14 prices were

It is entirely tied into the optimistic forecasts for 1bn+ in sales... if what Harbour and Goldman are saying is true "if not for the rebranding and transitioning into Chinese label, A2 would have far exceeded market expectations... yadda yadda yadaa" then that $14 valuation would be standing pretty tall...

So it rests on that entirely, was the transition a true interruption to sales growth or is it a front for the sequential growth slowing.

One way or the other it takes one solid report to kick current valuations to the curb as they have done in the past, it is also one poor report from losing another 20-25% of its mktcap... happy holder, happy to buy more around $10 as I am still very bullish on outlook.

IMO

23% of volume of shares traded shorted on the 31st on the ASX

Some shorters, speculators succeeded by shorting stocks which went up rapidly over last 18 months irrespective of fundamentally sound or not. In some instance they have dropped nearly 50% from their all-time high. These types of activities create opportunities’ for value investors.

So far some stocks including ATM- a2 is holding without dropping drastically like other stocks.

The same crowd could speculate and will become long again. Short term traders bring volatility as well liquidity to the market.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 02-06-2018 at 12:26 PM.

IMO

Yeah. Shorting creates volatility and s/p movement and doubt to some.
    Ive held ORE (lithium) on the ASX and its been heavily shorted for ages currently no 8 on the top 100 most shorted. Ive learnt to take note of the shorting but in this case do nothing about it and keep holding through the volatility in the s/p. Ive seen things like fake /inaccurate news about lithium production globally used by the shorters to drop the s/p. Ive held through on the the strength of my conviction on ORE and am currently re 1000 % up.

On the other hand i also held Quintis QIN on ASX(sandalwood) and traded it once or twice holding for years. More recently it started getting heavily shorted when a shorting fund started publicising negative material about it. In this case the shorter was spot on and ive lost all my dough in this company because i didn't take it seriously.Many were caught out by the skullduggery of the CEO.

Certainly not the case here imo. Happy buying back into ATM recently and looking to top up in this weakness..With the caveat its a high flier and has a long way to fall if something does go wrong I am keeping a watch on the shorting, news etc ,hence more riskier then others and a small % of my portfolio.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 02-06-2018 at 10:13 AM.

My congratulations for 1000% return. Long term investment creates wealth. Well managed companies even will pass 1000% return in the long run. According to successful investors that finding quality stocks was the key to successful investing. Buying when they are out of favour is another approach practice by savvy investors.

There are two types companies. One is they can have short term volatility, sell-off and strong uptrend in the short and mid run but they will end up with becoming multibagger in the long run. Other one is they will shine now but it will fade away later once growth slowdown, bankruptcy or delisting etc.

If they short quality companies with long term potential, then there will be great opportunity. During last 10 years there had been so many shorting, volatility and correction. But stocks went up until they hit all-time high. Anyway as markets and stocks have extended finding discounted quality stocks is the way to go.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 03-06-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Down day so far on ASX ...hope that means we end up having an UP day
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

A cheap buying day is just fine by me, not fussed either way.

But Synlait is up. Swings and roundabouts at the moment

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    But Synlait is up. Swings and roundabouts at the moment
    A2 closed at $10.25 NZ equivalent, not flash, could have another go at heading under $10. Plenty of time before the next result for the game players to create havoc. The stock has been toxic for the majority of buyers over the last few months.
    Last edited by couta1; 04-06-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A2 closed at $10.25 NZ equivalent, not flash, could have another go at heading under $10. Plenty of time before the next result for the game players to create havoc. The stock has been toxic for the majority of buyers over the last few months.
    Last year update 16/6/17.