sharetrader
Page 966 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 4668669169569629639649659669679689699709761016106614661966 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,660 of 23755
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    How long do you think this will take. I'm enjoying the ride in the meantime
    I think this is the best answer to the question.
    You don't have to hold the stock forever if you buy it now.

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    The fact that Fonterra are in partnership with A2 should substantially alleviate that concern given Fonterra are the worlds largest exporter of dairy products... And they are partners...
    The local availability of A2 doesn't move me.

But I have just returned from holiday in SE Asia. What did move me was one country has oodles and oodles of powdered milk powder including infant formula. But no A2. So ripe for the picking. And in another country some milk powder but not much. However two important things: One can was specifically targeted at those with "lactose intolerance". And secondly and most importantly it was the most expensive tin on the rack. That can be tomorrows market.

And even more encouragement - the only butter I came across was Anchor - so distribution channels are already in play.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    If the whole industry is on A2 Milk...then where has their advantage gone?
    I'd hope that if the entire industry was A2 then Fonterra's entire inventory would fall under the partnership agreement. First mover advantage now set in stone...

That's probably wishful thinking but A2 would have some protection built into the agreement.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    I'd hope that if the entire industry was A2 then Fonterra's entire inventory would fall under the partnership agreement. First mover advantage now set in stone...

That's probably wishful thinking but A2 would have some protection built into the agreement.
    It won't be just Fonterra / NZ that we need to be thinking about. Someone sometime ago posted a CNN ? link that reviewed A2 milk. I can't recall if ATM was mentioned...maybe not. But the inference from the clip was that if science valid...then not impossible to switch over time.

MM...I don't have any idea of the time, but perhaps quicker than you think. ...and Dobby...I agree. However I am generally not a trader.

Hence, they are not in my portfolio...and yes...have missed out on a lot.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    MM...I don't have any idea of the time, but perhaps quicker than you think. ...and Dobby...I agree. However I am generally not a trader.
    Trading implies a short timespan.
    I think you would have a few years before it becomes a commodity and loses first mover advantage.
    I think it will happen but not for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Trading implies a short timespan.
    I think you would have a few years before it becomes a commodity and loses first mover advantage.
    I think it will happen but not for a while.
    Trading doesn’t imply a short timespan

A successful trade can last many years

Like my trade with SUM is now over 5 years. My trade with RBD is about 10 years

Never ‘invested’ per se in either — just instigated a trade which I’ve never closed.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

I read it would take about 10 years before a farm can be 99% A2 cows only that was found in a previous link shown on this thread. That gives plenty of time for ATM to grow.

How long will A2 premiums last?If many farmers in New Zealand, Australia and worldwide produce more A2, will there be a premium for it?

A2 milk that I used to buy was $4.90 for 2 litres, now Fonterra branded A2 milks is being sold $6.39 for 2 litres, Fonterra's greedy mits are on it
    Stick to the strategy

both ATM and SML seem to be having the MAs challenged of late. They both seemed to have stalled for a short while and may bee seeing a down turn. Good analysis on
    I am out of both for now. but probably not a good idea, but have cash waiting.