sharetrader
Page 977 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 4778779279679739749759769779789799809819871027107714771977 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,770 of 23752

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    This is beginning to sound like one of those wine / whiskey type threads. All of which end with the only objective thing being price while taste remains wholly subjective.

Not that I mind - I'm holding ATM partly on the basis of consumer wallets.

Whisky is an awful drink. Who'd want to consume something that tasted of hydrocarbons?

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Man View Post
    Whisky is an awful drink. Who'd want to consume something that tasted of hydrocarbons?
    When ever did you consume anything which does not taste of hydrocarbon? I guess sure, you can drink pure water (Dihydro-oxide), eat pure salt (sodium-chloride - though not recommendable in larger quantities), but anything else you consume consist out of hydrocarbons: starch, oil, fat, fiber, fruit, vegetables, meat, ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    All milk is the same right?..???
    Wrong as I suggested.

Super Investor

Default Anything for money $$$

This is beginning to sound like one of those wine / whiskey type threads. All of which end with the only objective thing being price while taste remains wholly subjective.

Not that I mind - I'm holding ATM partly on the basis of consumer wallets.
    I’ve got an $8.775b dollar valuation for ATM or you can have my yoghurt recipe for free.
    h2

Cough , splutter - how do i ban/block a forum member so I don't get to see such outrageous posts. Whiskey is the nectar of the gods!

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    exactly that why hrdlicker is in charge , she a brand expert not a scientist. not long to wait to results lol i like results time it often leads to big moves
    Hrdlicker a brand expert and not a scientist .....so right bull

Probably has the odd whiskey as well

Can't we mark this comment as objectionable? Even a religious slur? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hrdlicker a brand expert and not a scientist .....so right bull

Probably has the odd whiskey as well
    too true, she will probably need a stiff one at some stage
    one step ahead of the herd

Cough , splutter - how do i ban/block a forum member so I don't get to see such outrageous posts. Whiskey is the nectar of the gods!
    It’s a bit of a worry when diversity in personal preferences is seen as offensive. Whiskey does taste of hydrocarbons – petrol or turps, hence on the turps.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    When ever did you consume anything which does not taste of hydrocarbon? I guess sure, you can drink pure water (Dihydro-oxide), eat pure salt (sodium-chloride - though not recommendable in larger quantities), but anything else you consume consist out of hydrocarbons: starch, oil, fat, fiber, fruit, vegetables, meat, ...
    As defined by IUPAC nomenclature of organic chemistry, the classifications for hydrocarbons are:

1. Saturated hydrocarbons are the simplest of the hydrocarbon species. They are composed entirely of single bonds and are saturated with hydrogen. The formula for acyclic saturated hydrocarbons (i.e., alkanes) is CnH2n+2.[1]:623 The most general form of saturated hydrocarbons is CnH2n+2(1-r), where r is the number of rings. Those with exactly one ring are the cycloalkanes. Saturated hydrocarbons are the basis of petroleum fuels and are found as either linear or branched species. Substitution reaction is their characteristics property (like chlorination reaction to form chloroform). Hydrocarbons with the same molecular formula but different structural formulae are called structural isomers.[1]:625 As given in the example of 3-methylhexane and its higher homologues, branched hydrocarbons can be chiral.[1]:627 Chiral saturated hydrocarbons constitute the side chains of biomolecules such as chlorophyll and tocopherol.[5]
    2. Unsaturated hydrocarbons have one or more double or triple bonds between carbon atoms. Those with double bond are called alkenes. Those with one double bond have the formula CnH2n (assuming non-cyclic structures).[1]:628 Those containing triple bonds are called alkyne. Those with one triple bond have the formula CnH2n−2.[1]:631
    3. Aromatic hydrocarbons, also known as arenes, are hydrocarbons that have at least one aromatic ring.

Hydrocarbons can be gases (e.g. methane and propane), liquids (e.g. hexane and benzene), waxes or low melting solids (e.g. paraffin wax and naphthalene) or polymers (e.g. polyethylene, polypropylene and polystyrene).