sharetrader
Page 981 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 4818819319719779789799809819829839849859911031108114811981 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,810 of 23752

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    That’s a sick looking chart in that article

Did Fool say “However, I still see more value in the shares of rival Bellamy’s Australia Ltd (ASX: BAL).”
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

LOL looks like a good work of fiction on Citi's part.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Sure is and lest we forget the below article from same crowd when Citi downgraded them when the price was $1.84 in Oct 2016 and fast forward 2 years where we are now...

https://www.fool.com.au/2016/10/27/a...-baby-formula/

And who can forget that (in)famous analyst from Citi Mr Sam Teeger.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Kind of hard to justify your hefty commission as a fund manager if you are pulling investment decisions out of a hat?
    I actually can't work out if he's being ironic, or is genuinely that inane?

Edit: Looks like it's the latter, judging by his Twitter record. How about this gem:

Mark Lister@MarkListerNZ Aug 3More

Just paid my annual rates bill, which is 4.2% of the value of my house. So my house has to rise by that degree each year for me to simply break even on my rates, before I even consider interest, inflation, insurance, or maintenance. Who said property was a great investment again?

There's simply no way this is possible. He's innumerate.
    Last edited by Lego_Man; 08-08-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Sure is and lest we forget the below article from same crowd when Citi downgraded them when the price was $1.84 in Oct 2016 and fast forward 2 years where we are now...

https://www.fool.com.au/2016/10/27/a...-baby-formula/

And who can forget that (in)famous analyst from Citi Mr Sam Teeger.
    LOL They deserve an award for that, a badge of honour, sure there's something appropriate here https://www.trademe.co.nz/home-livin...1719187747.htm Most appropriate one could be "I give up, what planet are you from" ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-08-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

craigs say upgrade recently price declined , citi downgrades price declines looks like citi moves the market more than craigs on this stock.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Man View Post
    Just paid my annual rates bill, which is 4.2% of the value of my house. So my house has to rise by that degree each year for me to simply break even on my rates, before I even consider interest, inflation, insurance, or maintenance. Who said property was a great investment again?
    No mention of how a geared investment works, cost savings from not renting, growing capital, or a myriad of non financial benefits work in the propery market.

I take it he applies similar lack of logic to his stock investment choices.
    A2 has to rise by my interest bill, inflation, loss of potential earnings from other sources, tax, doctor's bills for stress treatment. Before it can be considered a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    No mention of how a geared investment works, cost savings from not renting, growing capital, or a myriad of non financial benefits work in the propery market.

I take it he applies similar lack of logic to his stock investment choices.
    A2 has to rise by my interest bill, inflation, loss of potential earnings from other sources, tax, doctor's bills for stress treatment. Before it can be considered a good investment.
    Surely one has to factor in regular psychotherapists visits as well !
    Friend of mine just started paying $800 a week rent for a nice 4 bedroom house in Auckland. Makes me appreciate my mortgage free one even with the dreadful rates bills !
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-08-2018 at 03:27 PM.

IMO

No wonder school teachers etc are asking for a rent subsidy in auck, tauranga etc.Even a psychotherapist cant help a Fried on mind

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    No wonder school teachers etc are asking for a rent subsidy in auck, tauranga etc.Even a psychotherapist cant help a Fried on mind
    Spell check when you have the flu doesn't save you from everything either ! Yes rent for a decent house in a decent suburb is truly shocking in Auckland.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-08-2018 at 03:30 PM.