sharetrader

Hey BP - I don't think we can even say its currently in down trend contained in a long term uptrend. It seems the break below 1300 put paid to that as we got a lower low

Yes?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    A confirmed downtrend is a downtrend confirmed by several technical indicators.

Attachment 12354

In this case: ATM is currently below the MA50 (the green line above), it is below the MA 100 (the pink line above), below the MA 200 (the red line above) and (less frequently used, but still more concerning) below the MA400 (the orange line above). As well - trend is past the cross of death (MA50 dropping below MA 200);

Anybody with eyes would see that, but sorry, I do not have a braille version of the graph for you.

Which other indicators would you need to recognize a downtrend?

Some posters might like a little aloe vera to go with that.
    BP SAVAGE

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    Saw this advertised last night via social media.
    Felt I would share.
    Bay of plenty company I believe?
    Some popular products they produce already.

https://lewisroadcreamery.co.nz/coll...mogenised-milk
    Hi Lemon They are really good I use their products all the time worth that bit extra for top quality !! even though I invest in the opposition. Doh

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey BP - I don't think we can even say its currently in down trend contained in a long term uptrend. It seems the break below 1300 put paid to that as we got a lower low

Yes?
    Hate to say it, but while ATM is undoubtably below a lot of longer MA's, it is most certainly not in a long term downtrend. It might seem long for anyone suffering the recent medium term down trend, but definitely not long term.

You have to back out to a monthly chart to see that the uptrend from 2005 is rock solid, and even the steeper long term uptrend from 2010 is intact. It would have to close below about $5.00 to break that long term up trend.

If you talking about the 2015 very steep uptrend to mid-2019, and consider that to be long, then yes it broke down from that about a year and half ago, so that's not really long term trend news. Basically in TA terms, it's range trading for the past three years. That in itself should give the 'longs' something to ponder.

The wheels of exhurberance in the market came off in August 2020 and have not yet reattached. Is the company going broke, heck no way. It it a good time to buy, well who would know for sure, I guess it's about ones personal risk/reward profile. The day to day chatter is so meaningless and irrelevant when one takes a long term view.

gltah

Membaa

Here's a thought for the genuine longs. Sharetrader and other discussion groups is akin to watching your feet in a marathon. Look to the horizon instead. The bumps and opportunities along the way will make themselves apparent, attend to them yourself.

gltah

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    A confirmed downtrend is a downtrend confirmed by several technical indicators.

Attachment 12354

In this case: ATM is currently below the MA50 (the green line above), it is below the MA 100 (the pink line above), below the MA 200 (the red line above) and (less frequently used, but still more concerning) below the MA400 (the orange line above). As well - trend is past the cross of death (MA50 dropping below MA 200);

Anybody with eyes would see that, but sorry, I do not have a braille version of the graph for you.

Which other indicators would you need to recognize a downtrend?
    Post of the week for sure. You're now a fully accredited member of the "B" team
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Pull up a 5min chart on A2M and take a look... been trading in a 2 cent range for hours on fairly low volume. Pretty crazy after the volatility we've seen.
    Yes, I noticed that too. Maybe the shorters have left the building until the next downgrade. If not another downgrade then congrats to anyone who got in below $9 last Thursday 25/2/21, $8.92 the low for that day and the year so far. Could be another uptrend starting in the last 4 days.

https://www.interest.co.nz/opinion/1...ved-little-six

Another day, another broker downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.interest.co.nz/opinion/1...ved-little-six

Another day, another broker downgrade.
    Thanks for sharing. Interestingly they have downgraded to eps of 31 cps for FY21...same as some old dog on here ...and they're not predicting much of a recovery in FY22.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Interestingly they have downgraded to eps of 31 cps for FY21...same as some old dog on here ...and they're not predicting much of a recovery in FY22.
    Legend Beagle seems happy that guru Forbar analysts agree with him .....usual response is ‘don’t have much time for Forbar’

So F21 eps 31 cents it is

The mentioned Chelsea is a pretty switched on person ...and nice to go with it.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”