sharetrader
    Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I can only relay my understanding from talking to a produce exporter to China - meat, seafood, fruits and honey - their export prices to China are in US$ and they will feel the full impact once their forward cover runs out.
    Please guys lets not over analyse things . ATM did well at 0.75 USD to NZD rates also as its just one of the variables in the mix . But at present the logistics of one of the main legs of their business is under stress due to disruptions mainly because of Covid situation . So if Covid recovery theme is the flavour of the next 6 months then ATM recovery should also be on the horizon ...rather then the gloom and doom stories coming out from every where .

Someone recommends buying KFL at almost 10% premium to NAV as he likes their exceptional stock picks but berates one of their main picks ATM , suggesting it can depreciate further 40% from its present price . To me it seems very contradictory views on the same website

Geo political reasons got discussed in a NZH article also quoting Chairman in a interview after the ASM .

Dairy exports are NZ's bread and butter with China being most important buyer / consumer .

I think I will grant our leadership respect enough that they will do utmost not to disrupt it in anyway ...especially at this time .

So for me A2 suffering Ozzy wine fate chance is very very little . Though people are talking about it including Chairman by trying to emphasis time and again that they are a NZ company and trying to make that more obvious by having new manufacturing facility in NZ too , owned by ATM .

All companies go through challenging times ...ATM is going thru one ...mainly due to Covid disruptions which highlighted again the importance of daigou channels to them ....many thought they replaced that completely ...but actually its still very important .

So why cant we put ATM stock as Covid recovery stock ?

Guru

NZ leadership is threading the needle.. the geo risk to the stock has so far been low. dont expect 13/60 to be tested for long if ever if the numbers are good.

Management recently highlighted a weaker NZD / USD as being favourable as all the China trade is conducted in USD, they've also stated previously it's the most important currency pair for the business second the AUD/NZD it only makes sense the opposite is unfavorable. I'm not saying the impact is crippling or anything but just another headwind a2 management need to sail against.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    OK I am starting to get this. If you make a 6K to 8k loss on a short term TPW trade you can sell an equivalent amount of A2 shares such that your profit on the A2 share sale exactly cancels out your TPW trade loss dollars and you have a tax free capital injection for Christmas. Plus you can bank the TPW dividend which will already have tax deducted from it. But where does buying more A2 shares at a lower price come into the picture?

Sorry don't have any TPW shares I can offer you. Never held and with all the rag tag of assets they own I have found it difficult to analyse.

SNOOPY
    Hi Snoopy, something like that, but don't want to bore people on the a2 thread with my tax obligations. The profits I make is not just from a2 but all companies I buy into. I can explain it in more detail at the next sharetrader meeting or at the fortnightly sharetrading meetings we have with the 'Auckland Meetup Group'. As for buying more a2 shares at the lower end of the cycle, I just can't help myself....gambler.... and when they go up again.......more profit
    Last edited by see weed; 21-11-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Basic Question.

If ya cant get ya opium through ya daigou channel, wouldnt ya just get it online, or down at ya flaming local stockist???
    Next basic question.
    If you knew you sold X amount of product previously into a market, through daigou/backdoor/smuggling, and you knew that channel had become compromised, would you just hope it comes right, or promote the other channels into that market, or find other markets for X+, that may have a similar predisposition to the product, eg; Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Phillipines?

Doey, not hui.

From Kingfish announcements it appears as if they are still buying / accumulating / taking a punt on A2

Looks like they about a million more shares than six months ago
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    From Kingfish announcements it appears as if they are still buying / accumulating / taking a punt on A2
    Looks like they about a million more shares than six months ago
    I take that as a positive Winner, been a bit of drama on this thread the last week while I was away..... sad to see Couta silenced.

The shorts are still active and looks like the SP is going going to be depressed until the new CEO is entrenched and reports positive progress.

Screen Shot ATM 2020-11-23 at 10.53.06 AM.jpg

While the long term picture is still intact, I post less on ATM these days as my 'free hold' shares aren't typical and I feel for those being hit by the current uncertainty.

40% of my portfolio and still a hold IMHO ... Kingfish or shorters aren't prying any from my tight grip.

Upsetting New Zealand’s most significant trading partner seems like a very silly thing to do. So, why, Chris Trotter asks, did Foreign Minister Nanaia Mahuta do it?

https://www.interest.co.nz/opinion/1...ly-thing-do-so
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Upsetting New Zealand’s most significant trading partner seems like a very silly thing to do. So, why, Chris Trotter asks, did Foreign Minister Nanaia Mahuta do it?

Like becoming Nuclear Free really - at some point you, as a country, stand up and be counted for what you believe rather than meekly say 'yes sir, please sir, whatever you say sir'.
    NZ tries to stand-up but not stand too tall and be chopped down.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post

It is quite ironic that NZ joined the UK and the other five eyes nations in insisting that China uphold the Joint Declaration Treaty with the UK on Hong Kong. The UK itself has threatened to disregard its Treaty with European Countries if it becomes inconvenient.

Why is it called the Five Eyes and not the Ten Eyes? Is it because each of the five nations is one-eyed?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 23-11-2020 at 10:29 AM.