sharetrader
    Guru

will we see competition in the future from oat based milk. NZ starting to try the swedish technology food path. And will they take this public at some stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    will we see competition in the future from oat based milk. NZ starting to try the swedish technology food path. And will they take this public at some stage.
    Oat water you mean;
    milk

/mɪlk/
    lter definitions by topic

See definitions in:
    ll

• an opaque white fluid rich in fat and protein, secreted by female mammals for the nourishment of their young.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"a healthy mother will produce enough milk for her baby"[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Ruby; 14-01-2021 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Poor layout

Quote Originally Posted by invest View Post
    There's a lot of misconception about how the daigou trade works, and therefore the impact on ATM.
    Daigous were already experiencing disruption pre-covid as platforms became more dominant, and increasingly focused on disintermediation to capture margin.
    COVID accelerated the demise of daigous, with lockdowns resulting in supply chain disruption.

Alibaba-Tmall/Taobao, JD, VIP, Red and numerous other e-commerce platforms have been working hard to bridge brand owners directly with consumers. Brand owners are increasingly operating flagship stores eg https://a2nutrition.world.tmall.com/
    Whereas previously daigous would purchase product and sell on platforms like Taobao (the NZ equivalent is Trademe).
    In the short term, there's a lot of disruption as Chinese consumers move away from the daigous/stores they have previously bought from to buying direct from brand owner or platforms. Unlike Trademe, Alibaba also buys stock direct from brand owners to resell on their own platforms.
    Chinese consumers tend to trust the store they have always bought from, especially for highly sensitive items. Therefore the short term disruption is severe.
    In the long term, ATM should be able to extract higher margins by minimising margin for middlemen, which is traditionally very high in China. ATM won't get the full benefit of disintermediation as platforms will have stronger bargaining power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Thank you both for posting - very useful perspectives.

1000 international students granted exemption to return to New Zealand
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/300204969/1000-international-students-granted-exemption-to-return-to-new-zealand

Guru

yes oat milk has a lot of water and not the range of nutrients as plain milk and soy.

But there is still a market for these product and we simply said is it competition. I dont expect sport trainers to be recommending oat over soy.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    yes oat milk has a lot of water and not the range of nutrients as plain milk and soy.

But there is still a market for these product and we simply said is it competition. I dont expect sport trainers to be recommending oat over soy.
    It should be called : JUICE not MILK .

Outside thinking.

Found this A2 update and analysis by John Ricci on Hot Copper where it was highly rated.

Useful info on the new A2 CEO David Bortolucci plus short term v longer term investment strategy update. Some useful analysis tools and links as well.

Guru

Like the juice!

well you may be right!

apparently oat is a soluble fibre.

"Oat Avena genes crop and wheat is a Triticum genus crop"
    Last edited by Waltzing; 14-01-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Guru

Actually, on the subject of squeezed oat residual and almond juice with 98% added water..........

I've often wondered that when you go for a coffee, you can often get all sorts of "milk" to go with your FW/Cappy - ie soy, oat, almond, coconut, hemp, rice etc etc. Not that I've ever deviated!

Never heard of anyone in NZ offering A2 as an option......?? Been in cafes in Australia years ago, when all they had was A2.

Maybe shareholders should start asking? I know fresh in NZ isn't their main game, but every little helps....

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Actually, on the subject of squeezed oat residual and almond juice with 98% added water..........

I've often wondered that when you go for a coffee, you can often get all sorts of "milk" to go with your FW/Cappy - ie soy, oat, almond, coconut, hemp, rice etc etc. Not that I've ever deviated!

Never heard of anyone in NZ offering A2 as an option......?? Been in cafes in Australia years ago, when all they had was A2.

Maybe shareholders should start asking? I know fresh in NZ isn't their main game, but every little helps....
    Another example of a future growth opportunity. With this business I like the fact that they have previously grown so significantly with so many untapped opportunities.
    I personally drink A2 as it agrees with me, would love if we could get all the various options they have available now in the USA, like chocolate A2 etc. Perhaps thats their plan for Mataura when they said they would use the facility to expand their product lines in addition to producing IF.