sharetrader
    Guru

This is the ATM thread, what ever your thinking "At The Moment".

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Hahha... sinking ship

All ships finally sail ....this is being repaired ...one day it will take us all on world cruise ...U will see

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Meaning you only want to read and see positive news and postings.

Sp tells you what has been happening and if you care to read properly, why.

And you could have saved yourself grief by understanding market dynamics.
    Meaning I'd rather hear about the mechanics of the business, financial metrics, relevant and real news (not rumour), thoughts regarding use of cash, earnings potential of US market etc etc etc

As opposed to short term thinking of 'market dynamics'. Investing means understanding the business and it's long term prospects. If you're trading or timing the market you'd be more worried about market dynamics over 6-12 months.

Disc: I don't hold so have no vested interest. Making the decision as to whether to hold or not would be aided by some decent discussion re fundamentals.

Quote Originally Posted by wagwan View Post
    Meaning I'd rather hear about the mechanics of the business, financial metrics, relevant and real news (not rumour), thoughts regarding use of cash, earnings potential of US market etc etc etc

As opposed to short term thinking of 'market dynamics'. Investing means understanding the business and it's long term prospects. If you're trading or timing the market you'd be more worried about market dynamics over 6-12 months.

Disc: I don't hold so have no vested interest. Making the decision as to whether to hold or not would be aided by some decent discussion re fundamentals.
    I don't disagree that "Investing means understanding the business and it's long term prospects", although not in isolation. There are many other market and geo-political factors that should not be ignored.

Hence the old saw, 'do your own research' always applies. Have you done much research into ATM, and do you have anything to offer here, re fundamentals...?

PS. Personally, I always try to 'time the market'. You'd be a fool to rush out and buy at the top, as so many seem to do...
    Last edited by HKG2301; 19-01-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Depends where the people are sitting who you ask Some people here used to label me "extreme right" (talk with Westerly or El Zorro), while others love to label me "extreme left" (particularly the Trumpistas of sharetrader). The label "woke treehugging greenie" is new for me, but you don't need to be proud to label people.

If you ask me .. I am sitting comfortably in the middle (liberal, not libertarian) and choose at election time whoever is in my view at the time the best party to run the country. Sometimes this is conservative (National / ACT) and sometimes this is conservational / progressive (Green and / or Labor).

Looking at my values - I do value honesty and integrity, which naturally biased me against Trump. I can't stand liars, racists and crooks.

But that's just me ... what about you?
    well said BP

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Hahha... sinking ship
    I like that, "banned". Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    Oh bugger, I thought we had been able to rid ourselves of our recent racist contributor, only to have them pop up on HotCopper re-posting exactly the same garbage.
    They seem to be following Beagles lead, get banned here so post over there.
    Take the hint people, if your banned from one forum, please don’t go and post the exact same crap somewhere else.
    Last edited by Gregnz; 20-01-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Oh bugger, I thought we had been able to rid ourselves of our recent racist contributor, only to have them pop up on HotCopper re-posting exactly the same garbage.
    They seem to be following Beagles lead, get banned here so post over there.
    Take the hint people, if your banned from one forum, please don’t go and post the exact same crap somewhere else.
    For the record, I only posted one post on Hot Copper to point out pending possible issues with MSCI rebalancing. Coutts, you and others needn't worry about me trying to help others on stocks I don't own any more. I simply can't be bothered with all the negativity that comes with that. Some will be pleased, others disappointed...it is what it is, after 10 years plus my days of guard dog duties on shares in which I have no financial interest are over. I'm 60 this year and simply do not need or want the drama anymore.

Good luck to holders of ATM shares. Also for the record, I have sold all my Kingfish warrants and cleansed myself from any exposure at all to ATM.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-01-2021 at 11:42 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    For the record, I only posted one post on Hot Copper to point out pending possible issues with MSCI rebalancing. Coutts, you and others needn't worry about me trying to help others on stocks I don't own any more. I simply can't be bothered with all the negativity that comes with that.

Good luck to holders of ATM shares. Also for the record, I have sold all my Kingfish warrants and cleansed myself from any exposure at all to ATM.
    Oh, I saw a post about 'downgrades come in threes' etc etc, using the same profile photo, also called 'Beagles'. I apologise on that basis, maybe that wasn't you, perhaps someone is impersonating you on the HotCopper Forum.

Personally, I dont get much value out of negativity coming from posters who dont directly hold a stock. Plenty of them on HotCopper who dont hold A2 yet have a sell sentiment.
    Last edited by Gregnz; 20-01-2021 at 11:44 AM.