sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    They also mentioned that population growth is slowing and there are less babies being born in China. Obviously, this means the market size is going to shrink.
    That isn't obvious to me. The key metric is the number of upper middle class babies. Is the Chinese standard of living rising fast enough to compensate for the declining birthrate?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    That isn't obvious to me. The key metric is the number of upper middle class babies. Is the Chinese standard of living rising fast enough to compensate for the declining birthrate?

There were just over 10 million babies born in China last year (down from 11.79 in 2019). Blaming a declining birth rate is equivalent to taking several of buckets of water out of an Olympic size swimming pool Imo, just another excuse.

Advanced Member

I think it was Balance who talked about "divergence" here. Why keep money invested in one company while it's going for a restructuring with some hope & prayer attached to it when there are other investing opportunities around. Is it only takeover activity that keeps one holding?

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Difference being that when CVT provides a market earnings update it is revised upwards such as on 13 April there was a greater than 10 percent UPgrade. ATM should take tips from CVT and learn how to do a proper update.
    Maybe A2 learnt from the Comvita of old - years of useless forecasts and downgrades losing all credibility in the process

Never too late to learn and change your ways
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

CVT isn't holding a perishable product.

I think there was some doco? news report the other day about how parents are moving away from Cows milk to alternatives like almond etc... Cannot find the link for it though unfortunately as it was glimpse of it on TV.

Advanced Member

TV3.

Gave a few warnings that much of that stuff was not suitable for under 5's, so probably not material to ATM.
    2 spoons of sugar per litre added to many as well, gotta get 'em addicted eh?
    Last edited by Getty; 17-05-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    TV3.

Gave a few warnings that much of that stuff was not suitable for under 5's, so probably not material to ATM.
    2 spoons of sugar per litre added to many as well, gotta get 'em addicted eh?
    LOL - what exactly do you think does Synlait puts into its Infant formula? From memory - about 2/3rd of the weight of the formula is made from real milk ... the rest are additives including various sugars.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    LOL - what exactly do you think does Synlait puts into its Infant formula? From memory - about 2/3rd of the weight of the formula is made from real milk ... the rest are additives including various sugars.
    Here is the list of ingredients for
    A2's (Synlait's) IF:

A2 Platinum ingredients.JPG

Yum - nature pure ... and just in case you are wondering: galacto-oligosaccharide are various complex sugar structures ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

It was presented as a negative by the nutritionist anyway, but it was liquid form, not powder.

I'm not on the stuff myself, so I should leave it to others, lol