Risk Manager for FTX

a2m.jpg

UBS report 6/04 if anyone missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    a2m.jpg

Target 16 bucks sounds good
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The demographics may well suggest that the birthrate in China will inevitably fall. But does that mean that the premium end of the IF market will shrink?

I imagine that only a tiny proportion of the Chinese population are currently in that market, but that proportion will increase - ie the rising standard of living in a very very large population will swamp any drop in the birthrate.

As I see it, ATM's future success will come from it's continuing ability to sell all the A2milk we can produce at a healthy premium.

Disc: - halved my holding just under $12 a while back for reasons totally unrelated to my view of ATM's long term prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    The demographics may well suggest that the birthrate in China will inevitably fall. But does that mean that the premium end of the IF market will shrink?

I imagine that only a tiny proportion of the Chinese population are currently in that market, but that proportion will increase - ie the rising standard of living in a very very large population will swamp any drop in the birthrate.

As I see it, ATM's future success will come from it's continuing ability to sell all the A2milk we can produce at a healthy premium.

Disc: - halved my holding just under $12 a while back for reasons totally unrelated to my view of ATM's long term prospects.
    In the 1970’s when Cadbury eyed up China they had an ambition of selling a Dairy Milk bar to every person in China. They haven’t achieved that ambition yet .....but haven’t given up

I thinknk Mars is #1 in China
    Last edited by winner69; 18-04-2021 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ......They still trying to do that .....but haven’t given up yet......
    call me pedantic about gramma......but them the same

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    a2m.jpg

Very optimistic price point, if it does hit $16 I'm gonna unload my bags. My apologies for being a doomer but the bag holding on this is getting unbareable.

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    Very optimistic price point, if it does hit $16 I'm gonna unload my bags. My apologies for being a doomer but the bag holding on this is getting unbareable.
    That UBS report reminds me of the old saying - ‘Those who write what fools want to read is always sure of a large audience’

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    In the 1970’s when Cadbury eyed up China they had an ambition of selling a Dairy Milk bar to every person in China. They haven’t achieved that ambition yet .....but haven’t given up

I thinknk Mars is #1 in China
    Chinese cuisine is great and healthy ... unhealthy fatty snacks are not really part of it. Means Cadbury will have endless future opportunities to keep failing their delusional targets .

But hey, given their success in fattening up NZ and Australia (hand in hand with Coca Cola, McDonalds and KFC), it must work with China as well, mustn't it?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Chinese cuisine is great and healthy ... unhealthy fatty snacks are not really part of it. Means Cadbury will have endless future opportunities to keep failing their delusional targets .

But hey, given their success in fattening up NZ and Australia (hand in hand with Coca Cola, McDonalds and KFC), it must work with China as well, mustn't it?
    That has to do with how wealthy they are. Generally affluent areas of China like shanghai consume chocolate more often, but the average Chinese individual only eats a tiny amount of chocolate per year. Apparently 100 grams

Ps Over half of adults in China, or more than half a billion people, are now overweight, an official report has found. The figures have risen significantly since 2002, when 29% of adults were overweight. The country's rapid economic growth in recent decades has led to major changes to lifestyle, diet and exercise habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    ....The country's rapid economic growth in recent decades has led to major changes to lifestyle, diet and exercise habits.
    Excellent, NZ well positioned to profit from that: we can sell them loads of expensive high fat food and when they obese, FPH can sell them sleep apnoea devices.